Im in the middle of my exams at the moment but afterwards im going to treat myself with a new guitarbut i need to make up my mind

Is it worth getting a £549 gibson sg special (platinum) seing as its going up in price everywhere (and is that a good deal)? Because if i did not want to get that i would save up like an extra £400/500 for a gibson sg (not special).

Iv tried many guiatars and its down to the gibson sg iv already got a fender strat but need something with a bit more umpth.

(I would not be getting one or tother because of looks)

So which should i get

thanx (^_^)

www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=1078
Last edited by joshybosh1 at May 28, 2006,
Don't buy a guitar that you don't love because it's a good deal. Get what you want. Try out different guitars-not just Gibsons.

Since you like SGs, check out the Washburn Idol Series. They look like SG/Les Paul hybrids. They're great guitars as well.

Do you have a link to the platinum SG? I haven't seen SG specials before. Post a link to it and we should be able to tell you if it's any good.

Also, what about Gibson faded SGs? I think that they're about the same as the regular SG's, just with a finish that's not as nice.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I am not buying the guitar for looks, i hav tried many other guitars but this one seems to be the best.

Faded sgs are sg specials with faded colurs eg faded/worn cherry or faded brown.

i have been told the only difference between the sg and specials is the wiring and slightly better pickups.
You can always change pickups later so I wouldn't really be too concerned with that...

Also, you don't need to buy a guitar for looks, but you should at least like how it looks. If you don't like the platinum color, don't bother with it.

If you do like the look and also like the feel and sound, go for it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar