I am into so funk now, so could you suggest some bands similar to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rage against the machine...
"A true artist hides his abilities"
Last edited by bartman5 at May 28, 2006,
James Brown isn't modern rock, but he was big influence for John Frusciante of RHCP.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
It's not modern but try Funkadelic. Songs like: super stupid, hit it and quit it, maggot brain are my favourites. Maggot Brain is like a 10 minute solo on guitar. They were a big influence on RHCP.
fredalba, chucklehead, dave matthews has some, the beat police, sly and the family stone, band of gypsies has some funky stuff too, like a few people said early incubus
(i forgot, sly isnt modern)
and then you got the classics like someone already said, james brown, george clinton, stevie wonder, prince
i probably forgot a few good bands, ill go look at my collection and post some more bands later

edit: groovezilla, nimbus 9(i think they have a myspace/purevolume), and some more older stuff is bootsy collins, earth wind and fire, and the ohio players which i think was another influence of the chili peppers
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Last edited by Hpda5121 at May 28, 2006,
Quote by MastaBassist10
Jimi Hendrix. I think he has a myspace where you can find some of his music, but I dunno.

who?

well if he's on myspace he must be a loser.
Nowadays all the songs on the radio, all drive me crazy.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by ma)(payne at May 30, 2006,
PRIMUS!

PRIMUS!

PRIMUS!

How has nobody mentioned them yet?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I just got their album "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" today. Very odd with a couple of great songs but I mainly got it because Les Claypool is such a bitchin' bassist.