I know I'm not the only one that thinks this, so here goes.....
It's absolute bullshit that some of the most helpful members of UG are banned due to the Tavern. I am a member of the Tavern (2nd member after AlGee actually, to be precise) and it's UG's own fault that the people have been banned because of events at the Tavern. We disagree about things such as the User Elimination thread, on the Tavern mind you, and you ban us here. It is absolute bullshit. It's another forum, a diffrent website, so stop trying to censor us. It's fair enough if these things occur on UG, but banning people due to them talking on other forums is out of order. I post this here in memory of Chris (AlGee) one of the best luthiers and guys I've met on these forums.
err...AlGee is banned? for doing something stupid (well relatively) in The Pit?

Everything under www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum is all the same forum. You get banned for any reason on here you get banned in general (even from posting comments on the main page). Sucks but it works.

You get those stupid spammers every so often and it'd be a pain in the ass to ban them from the subforums one by one.

besides that the ban is only temporary unless you're duplicating accounts

edit:
or theres some kind of other forum I odn't know about (and it appears that is the case too seems like a missed out on a bit of hefty forum drama)
Last edited by seljer at May 28, 2006,
Camikazie........IS RIGHT.

UG you have gone down hill. But the Tavern is up and runnin.

I'm sure many will miss Algee in Building/Customizing section.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Last edited by StratRat13 at May 28, 2006,
what is the tavern?
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
its a different forum, with a lot of UG regulars. PM me for a link if you want to check it out.
way to go camakazie. I also feel it's absolute crap. Also Dave being demodded. All because he didn't report what he saw as jokes and allowed people who got banned from the elimination thread to vote in eg awards.
Yeah, they shouldn't have gotten in trouble for things that didnt even happen on this forum. Abusing power is a nono.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
Well. I don't think they were exactly abusing I mean they had all rights, but I think they shouldn't have. I think it was a bit harsh to actually demod dave and jenny just because they didn't do something against something they saw as a joke.
Last edited by kaplac at May 28, 2006,
wow no mods closed this yet. That shows how much cas is helping out like he claims. I doubt he's even changed out pickups.
they took mine out too. I just put it back in.

I also said the same thing just now "over there" (if you know what i mean)

NO!!!!!!i just found out all those people got banned, wow im still in shock, i dont want to experience UG without AlGeeEater, utsapp89, kurdtkobaign, earshot and tubadude, im going to go cry now, that is total bull**** that they got banned because of the tavern
Last edited by Teleprompters at May 28, 2006,
Quote by kaplac
Dude, you can't have earsh0ts name if you don't change that o to a zero.

right you are. fixed.

Quote by Teleprompters
NO!!!!!!i just found out all those people got banned, wow im still in shock, i dont want to experience UG without AlGeeEater, utsapp89, kurdtkobaign, earshot and tubadude, im going to go cry now

Then PM me about the Tavern (if youre not already there?) and don't loose touch with them!
Quote by davidp313
btw, I don't think you're really a pirate. If you were a pirate you'd say "yarr"

Are you questioning my pirateness. Just because i learned proper english doesn't mean i don't like to sail on ships and take over small towns and have suprise sex with thier women.
I cant believe this hasn't been closed yet. So yeh, how was everyones night?
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Guys, guys, guys, I know we are all upset that our favorite members were banned, but can you IMAGINE what GB&C is going to be like now without people like AlgeeEater? Man, I hope someone new comes along to help out, because otherwise this forum will be dead in a short while.
i wish i had the knowledge to keep the forum alive, but what went down in tavren?
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by t heff
i wish i had the knowledge to keep the forum alive, but what went down in tavren?

Come and see for yourself its a really cool forum.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Hey, what is the link to the tavern??
I'd like to check it out for my self and see whats going on.
If anyone could PM it to me, that would be great.
I need more people to agree, I need them to post their thoughts so they can stop this bullshit. I am not asking you to agree if you don't, but realise this, without people like AlGee you all have lost a valuable to conributor to your forums. He helped me and countless other. So, Cas, shove that up your fucking arse!
What all is going on??? What exactly did AlGee do???
I would find out myself, but I can't seem to find the "tavern" forum or w/e

EDIT: I agree, he is one of the best guys on this site, especially for the GB & C
You think we banned them for doing something as simple as disagreeing with a thread on UG?

Hah, ignorant stupid little kids. Talking out of your ass and out of desperation. You don't know a thing about it.