I am looking for some new pickups to improve my sound. I have a jackson warrior, and a parker p-42 and both of these guitars have stock pickups. I mostly play CKY, Clutch, Malevolent Creation etc. I want something with some very growly low end crunch, that will work well with hi gain and my octave pedal. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: oh i forgot to mention my budget is around £100, I have looked at some EMGs and seymore duncans, but i dont have a clue which would be good for me.
Testing For Life On Mars
Last edited by ForeignObjects at May 28, 2006,
emgs are good if you want ONLY a great gain tone. seymour's are more versitile.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Ok, so with emgs i cant be having some chorusy, chiming cleans? Would i have to buy two EMG, or can i just install one in the bridge postion and run in with my passive stock pickup in the neck?
Testing For Life On Mars
Quote by ForeignObjects
Ok, so with emgs i cant be having some chorusy, chiming cleans? Would i have to buy two EMG, or can i just install one in the bridge postion and run in with my passive stock pickup in the neck?

I Hear the EMG60 has good cleans but most people will tell you that EMG's have terrible cleans. I can't say really as the only EMG's I've ever played are the H4's.

And no, strictly speaking you can't have one active pickup, like an EMG, in a guitar with a passive pickup
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join