Hey guys.

I recorded this song a while ago as a demo of how a guitar sounds.

It was called "Hitler Bonessa Alliance" first, but then I renamed it to "Hard Rock Waltz" to avoid conflicts. (I'm a communist btw, "Die Scheisse ist braun und kommt von rechts!")

Here's the link: http://mypage.bluewin.ch/nwn/hard_rock_waltz.mp3

What do you guys think? If you mention your song in here I'll have a look at it and check wether it's worth my time to write a crit.

Thanks in advance

SabertoothSheep
wow, that was pretty cool. it seems like you actually took the time to compose it and everything... I like the time signature changes a lot and the beat of the whole thing is pretty awesome. everything sounded nice and clear what did you use to record? I'd definitely love to hear more from you man, especially those little shredding lines, haha.
Last edited by legions at May 28, 2006,
nice work, great sound from lead, and like PooKoo said the drums were ok, but you worked it out. Nice job man!
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Quote by legions
wow, that was pretty cool. it seems like you actually took the time to compose it and everything... I like the time signature changes a lot and the beat of the whole thing is pretty awesome. everything sounded nice and clear what did you use to record? I'd definitely love to hear more from you man, especially those little shredding lines, haha.

well, it seems like the entire song is in 3/4 and the tempo stays the same, but the changes in the rhythm note lengths might make it seem a bit different.

but i always love the idea of "alternative" waltzes, i've done one myself (http://advancederror.dmusic.com look for Sepulchral Waltz in Originals). this one was very nicely done, much more technical than mine. the tone and recording quality all around was pretty nice, but the drums sounded a little fake. the lead lines were very slick and fit nicely. if you could elaborate on the idea some more, could make a good song out of it...if not, it still works fine as a demo.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Jawohl! Mein deutsch ist schlect aber ich spreche es gern. Deine musik ist gut aber ein bisschen kurtz. Ich habe deutsch in meine schule. Ausgezeichnet!

My german isn't very good...sorry.
Pretty cool, but short. I like the idea, you should fill it out and make a whole song.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Hey guys, thanks for your replies!

@legions: It's all straight 3/4, the standard waltz time signature. I was using an old Aria Pro II guitar with EMG pickups into a TonelabSE, boosted the lows a bit with a Behringer EQ-700 and then straight into my pc. :-)

@PooKoo: The drums sucked indeed, I am a bad drum programmer...
I'm not completely convinced with the rhythm tone either. I did 4 layers, two for each channel, but the Tonelab isn't relly made for hi-gain stuff... I'll check your work in a min.

@whipping: Thanks. I'll try and work on the drums, I used cubase but it's too mighty for me, I'm a bit simple minded.

@phobos: I'm gonna check yours out in a min.

@The Pink Queen: Hehe your German is pretty good actually. I'm not a Kraut though, just for the record. ;-) I think I'll elaborate a bit with that surfmetal band I'm in.
^Danke shoen! Wohnst du in der Schweiz? Ich habe auch in der Schweiz gewohnt. Wie toll!
Mein vater wohnt in der Schweiz. Er ist blod, aber er hat viel geld.

Yeah...
Jeden sommer besuche ich mein vater in der Schweiz. Ich have der Schweiz nich gern...