Hey, we just finished recording drums and guitar for a new original metal song. We are only 13/14 years old. Please crit it. Crit for crit.
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Positive: Good pinch-harmonics, steady drum rhythm, good tone, very solid and tight riffage..

Negative: Guitar is way too silent.

You kick ass for 13/14 years. Keep practicing and you'll get famous one day.
Sounds good, when you add the vocals try getting a wailey sound as that MIGHT just make ti great, and give the bass some fret work whilst the guitar does high pitched notes.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
overuse of cymbals if you ask me... or could be just that the drum track is way to loud...
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
Mixed poorly, but good playing. Hard to belive that your that young. and yes i agree, your drummer is very crash-happy. maybe lay off that a bit and ride on your ride bell a lil yano? Oh, and shredding. throw in some shredding!!!

jk about shredding i dont care if u throw some in or not, but id b cool and impress me alot.
well... the cymbals were way too loud, and the guitar was too low. but the tone of the guitar was decent, and the drums sounded a little sloppy, but they were somewhat masked by that damn crash cymbal, maybe you're miking too close to it. haha yeah but overall it wasn't too bad.. i'd rate it a 6/10 keep playing man, you'll get much better as you get older!

crit 4 crit? (the link is in my signature)
Sorry Legions, this the one I was talking about. The pinch harmonics are a little weal for my taste and they are just too many. Also sounds a little out of tune. Take out half of the crashes and fix your tuning and it would friken awesome. Work on you harmonics also. Wow you guys are good for being that young, hell I hadn't even thought about playing at that age.

www.myspace.com/guitarwylde03
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
the beginning sounds like a ripoff of Spiders by System of a Down :/ and the guitar should be louder and dont use the crash so much (although i like the crash and hi hat usage that began at :38). but other than that, its souding good
Quote by guitarwylde03
Sorry Legions, this the one I was talking about. The pinch harmonics are a little weal for my taste and they are just too many. Also sounds a little out of tune. Take out half of the crashes and fix your tuning and it would friken awesome. Work on you harmonics also. Wow you guys are good for being that young, hell I hadn't even thought about playing at that age.

www.myspace.com/guitarwylde03

i dont have my own myspace so i cant crit it on their, but i'll tell you right now that that **** is awesome
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Man that is some really good ****! But yes the start sounds like youve mixed the system of a down songs 'mr. jack' and 'spiders'

10/10 since you are so young!
Quote by Artorius
Man that is some really good ****! But yes the start sounds like youve mixed the system of a down songs 'mr. jack' and 'spiders'

10/10 since you are so young!

agreed, yo
Very good. Add a guitar lead or something though. I also agree with the others, cut down on the crash symbol. Otherwise very ass kickin! 8.9/10
Rock N Roll Is Dead!!!!!
lol... heard of plagerism boy?.. youd want to be careful of whos music you rip off, there might be a fan of the band ur taking it from nearby..

enough said.
Quote by Wardy-Slash
lol... heard of plagerism boy?.. youd want to be careful of whos music you rip off, there might be a fan of the band ur taking it from nearby..

enough said.

i know what your saying about copying off of mr. jack because now that i listen to it it does sound familiar but not exact. i had no intenions of copying it though.
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
well if you say so... im in no position to hold anythign against you, especially if you and your mates have lagitimately done this.. in which case, congratulations, you have a successful future in front of you if you keep at it.

Well done
Nice intro.

Like it, the crashes would be just perfect if the guitar was louder. I like. Neat playing, not fantastic, but gets the job done, and the riffs are a larf, headnoddin' good. And the section around 2:19 is nice. And the stuff around 2:45. I think it might be better to end on that riff than return to the other ones though - that would be a killer end riff.

Reminds me bizarrely of my old style with a million more PHs! Anyway, nice stuff.

Could you look into my metal PH-infested song as well? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367932
I wouldn?t say the crash is overused, but maybe a bit over emphasized. To me it sounds like you?re only using one microphone to record, you defiantly need to have at least 4 microphones for the drums alone. From what I could hear, the guitar sounded pretty good. But still I couldn?t hear much. The drums should be miked with one mic in the bass drum, one mic about 3 inches from the snare, and two mics overhead.
thanks for all of the compliments and criticism. We added bass to it so i'll post that up soon maybe tomorrow. And I was wondering if anyone could do vocals for this. You know just like screaming for the verses and stuff and mabe throw in a little singing in like the chorus like Scar Symmetry, It Dies Today, Trivium, etc and bands like that do. If someone would be up to it that would be awesome!
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
that's awesome!! so young and rocking out.. the world is a fine place to be :P Naa but seriously.. the riff around 44 seconds is SWEET. The drummer is awesome.. the bass notes are cool, perhaps **** aorund with the mixing or you tone slightly to bring out the mixing? but bottom line SWEET.
_

"Don't you know beer makes you stupid?" "No I'm... doesn't"