Yeah, VHT kicks ass, especially their power amps and cabinets. But everything else is great as well.
Very
Good
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Basically modern metal.

Hiwatts are vintage sounding high gain amps.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
^ no amp is for 'only' anything. you could use it for anything, but yes it does excel at metal.
man, the first three posts were pure gold.

anyway, yeah, they're awesome. Stupidly expensive over here though, for the 100 watt heads. £2700. for the head. In dollars, that's about $4000. at least.

I also disagree that they're metal amps. They're more hard-rock, IMO. They're tight as hell, but still sound very organic. Really nice cleans too, almost piano-like. Very strange, but very nice.

But yeah. Awesome. But like most things, they'd be a lot more awesome if I got the USA price on them.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ well, that was the price sticker on the one I tried. but that was RRP, i assume (the engl se had that price on it too, and that was the RRP). So you could probably get it for a few hundred off.

Still a heck of a lot. It was the same sticker price as an Engl SE. Which is a heck of a lot too. But at least it does near enough any tone under the sun...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In the US they're more priced around Mesa Recto's and Bogner Shiva's

THeres a Pitbull at a music store that i go to going for $1600

^ combo, or 50 watt head?

the combos and 50 watter heads are dearish here, but not too bad. But the 100 watters are just plain ridiculous...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's the 100w head

^ bugger.

that's about £900-£1000.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?