This is less of a need for crit and more of a just check it out thing. If you post I'll still post on yours though.

http://www.purevolume.com/dumbblondedead

Please read the bio, or else it'll just come off pretentious.

<3

This is meant to be listened to as an album btw. So if you don't mind, please listen to the whole thing.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
And the Soldiers Sing andndnand No More War were my favs.

ps. CraveUK, I'm jealous of your way with words.
Last edited by BumOffBarney at May 28, 2006,
It's on myspace now, too. http://myspace.com/dumbblondedead

Quote by CraveUK
gay

aww, did tools obvious plagiarism upset you so much you decided to e-stalk me? I'm scared.
Quote by noxiosimitator

Sounds nice.

I've heard all four songs, and I've got to say my favorite ones are the first and last tracks. The guitar in the first song is insanely memorable, and the "No more war!" part in the last one is pretty catchy...
Last edited by yawn at May 28, 2006,
Quote by AngelOfLust
It's on myspace now, too. http://myspace.com/dumbblondedead

aww, did tools obvious plagiarism upset you so much you decided to e-stalk me? I'm scared.

no, it's just emo fags carrying green day's message via acoustic is really... well... gay.
Quote by CraveUK
no, it's just emo fags carrying green day's message via acoustic is really... well... gay.

I wouldn't even know Green Days message, and you sure do know alot about emo fags.
I wonder why?
Quote by noxiosimitator

Quote by CraveUK

Quote by CraveUK's location
Josh Homme's left testicle

Well I guess you would know gay.
I really dug it. I'm really digging everything you're coming out with lately.

Oh and lmao @ crave .. josh = greenday loving emo fag is the most ironic thing I have ever heard. Of course when thinking about it that makes your song kind of ironic too ... but I always adore irony.
Dude im not even into this music and i dig your stuff so much, keep it up.

Oh, btw, if you have or are creating a cd, i will definantly buy it. I read on your info abuot one, but im not sure if your done yet or whatever.
Last edited by PooKoo at May 28, 2006,
Quote by CraveUK
gay

excuse me, who let the douche cake in?

anywho, i like it. great message
Quote by CraveUK
gay

First off, is that you singing? It looks like (from your picture) that you would sound alot more... uh.. manly. Anyway... you still have a pretty good voice. It doesnt sound bad, its just different from what I expected.

Also. I think reading the intro makes it sound more pretentious. I mean... no president has ever led their troops into battle. In fact, its essentially one of the most integral features of the U.S. constitution and government that the army is under the command of a civilian (the president) which does not lead it into battle or make any tactical desicions. Also, Im not sure what you meant by where has the 'nobility' gone, because the general trend across all of history has been that the nobility stays home while the lower classes go to fight. Did you mean like, nobility as in being noble or what?

Basically, Im at a kind of crossroads as to what youre saying. I mean, on one hand, it seems like a good message but on the other hand it seems like youre trying to make some grand statement about the world that you take as being obviously true and if thats the case, well I mean, the only reply is how old are you? Do you honestly believe that you know enough about the world to say this? Have you ever been to war? Have you ever felt the effects of war? Have you have been driven to the point of wanting or needing to take up violence against something? I mean, you live in America. Have you ever seen any other parts of the world? Have you ever actually thought about the fact that someone elses view point can differ to the point of literally knowing certain things simply because of their language, even, which to you would seem absurd. I mean, to make the claim that you share Martin Luther King's dream and to declare yourself a citizen of earth really seems, well, pretentious.

As far as the music goes. I liked the middle two. The lyrics were kind of generic on the first track and the last one just made me laugh. "NO MORE WAR." The Beatles were cool, though.
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Quote by Shoestick

First off, is that you singing? It looks like (from your picture) that you would sound alot more... uh.. manly. Anyway... you still have a pretty good voice. It doesnt sound bad, its just different from what I expected.

Also. I think reading the intro makes it sound more pretentious. I mean... no president has ever led their troops into battle. In fact, its essentially one of the most integral features of the U.S. constitution and government that the army is under the command of a civilian (the president) which does not lead it into battle or make any tactical desicions. Also, Im not sure what you meant by where has the 'nobility' gone, because the general trend across all of history has been that the nobility stays home while the lower classes go to fight. Did you mean like, nobility as in being noble or what?

Basically, Im at a kind of crossroads as to what youre saying. I mean, on one hand, it seems like a good message but on the other hand it seems like youre trying to make some grand statement about the world that you take as being obviously true and if thats the case, well I mean, the only reply is how old are you? Do you honestly believe that you know enough about the world to say this? Have you ever been to war? Have you ever felt the effects of war? Have you have been driven to the point of wanting or needing to take up violence against something? I mean, you live in America. Have you ever seen any other parts of the world? Have you ever actually thought about the fact that someone elses view point can differ to the point of literally knowing certain things simply because of their language, even, which to you would seem absurd. I mean, to make the claim that you share Martin Luther King's dream and to declare yourself a citizen of earth really seems, well, pretentious.

As far as the music goes. I liked the middle two. The lyrics were kind of generic on the first track and the last one just made me laugh. "NO MORE WAR." The Beatles were cool, though.

I had written a much better note, but I deleted it by mistake sometime and wrote the one thats there hastily. Thanks to some of your comments I've remembered some things and I'll revise it.

You're right about the President thing. Washington was general when he fought (I think?) not President. Kinda forgot that. I'll change it.

Nobility as in instead of fighting for countries freedoms (speech/religion/etcetc) we're in Iraq doing, well, whatever we're doing. I don't want to jump to conclusions about it. It seems like we're going for oil, but we have done good things for the people in Iraq, too. Like I said, the songs aren't really only about the war in Iraq, it's just the basis for a peace message.

I'm 17, and here is where I'm really glad you posted. The original note had a very long explanation of how this is my perception of war if I were a soldier. I've never fought, or been a soldier, or anything. I really feel stupid for not putting that in, because I wanted it to be clear this was my thoughts, not straight fact.

Thanks for laughing at the summery of my statement.

I'll go revise my note now.
Quote by noxiosimitator

Quote by PooKoo
dont forget, italia pride man!

lol.

I revised it. It really and truly upsets me that it came off that way. It wasn't my intent to say "hey, this is how soldiers think. this is the truth. all soldiers feel this way"

So I added that, and I fixed the part with Washington.

I really did have another note planned, it was alot longer, I worked on it for about a week. Then I was deleting a bunch of random files and I must have deleted it by mistake.

Anyway, I hope that clears things up. If you have any other questions about it, feel free to ask because I want it to be as clear as possible.

Quote by PooKoo
Dude im not even into this music and i dig your stuff so much, keep it up.

Oh, btw, if you have or are creating a cd, i will definantly buy it. I read on your info abuot one, but im not sure if your done yet or whatever.

It's just going to be these four songs, and four songs from another band (split album)

Keep an eye out on my site for it I suppose.
Quote by noxiosimitator

Last edited by AngelOfLust at May 28, 2006,
i like it alot. i've been looking for this kind of album for a while and i finally found it.

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Quote by AngelOfLust

You're right about the President thing. Washington was general when he fought (I think?) not President. Kinda forgot that. I'll change it.

Nobility as in instead of fighting for countries freedoms (speech/religion/etcetc) we're in Iraq doing, well, whatever we're doing.

Yeah the war was over in 1783 (I think the main fighting was done by 1781) and the constitution didnt even begin getting written until... 1787? (I think thats when they decided to revise the articles of confederation... Im not too sure on the exact dates). So Washington definitely did not fight as president. He also warned of alliances and pleaded for peace in his farewell address.

And the nobility thing... maybe you should use the phrase 'noble cause' or something. I might just be a history nerd (actually, I think thats pretty much obvious), but when I hear 'nobility' I get pictures of class conflicts and marxism and fuedal europe, which is probably not what you meant.

And basically, its hard to argue for war without sounding like some crazy deranged sociopath, but what I think I was trying to say is to be a bit more humble or just not so concrete in your intro. Being a little less direct should get people thinking less of you as just another liberal/hippy and more of someone with an honest, thought out, viewpoint.

That whole thing about it being from your perspective if you were a soldier seems like it would really fit well in the intro.

Finally, I gotta commend you on trying a project like this. Its pretty sweet. And also I got the "drink this bottle down" part stuck in my head. Its catchy.
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Haha thanks. I'm going to rewrite the whole thing with those things in mind. I was trying to be humble, but portray confidence at the same time.
Quote by noxiosimitator

Quote by AngelOfLust
lol.

I revised it. It really and truly upsets me that it came off that way. It wasn't my intent to say "hey, this is how soldiers think. this is the truth. all soldiers feel this way"

So I added that, and I fixed the part with Washington.

I really did have another note planned, it was alot longer, I worked on it for about a week. Then I was deleting a bunch of random files and I must have deleted it by mistake.

Anyway, I hope that clears things up. If you have any other questions about it, feel free to ask because I want it to be as clear as possible.

It's just going to be these four songs, and four songs from another band (split album)

Keep an eye out on my site for it I suppose.

alright, how would i pay you for it?
The mail I guess.
Quote by noxiosimitator

Yeah, I run a psuedo-record label, I've never missed an order.
Quote by noxiosimitator

Uh, well to be honest the whole thing doesn't work very well. Your long explanation thing doesn't help much either...it just makes you seem more pretentious, as shoestick pointed out. The vocals kind of reek of reaally whiny American, which REALLY doesn't fit with the content. The vocal style makes you seem really week and pansy-ish, and therefore makes it hard to take it seriously.

The rhyme schemes seem underdeveloped, and while this might just be an artistic touch, the songs don't seem to have much holding them together. They tend to drag on without much variation.

So that's my honest opinion. I agree with the message, just don't really dig the musical style, but yeah. If you like this sort of thing, it would be fantastic.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I just read the new intro.

That first paragraph did wonders. It sounds much better. It sounds like the whole endeavor came from, as cliche as it sounds, the heart.
Quote by Shoestick
I just read the new intro.

That first paragraph did wonders. It sounds much better. It sounds like the whole endeavor came from, as cliche as it sounds, the heart.

Thanks, I think the new intro got the point I wanted to make alot better. You guys were right. The old one was just "this is the truth and if you disagree you are wrong" which was just not my intention.
Quote by noxiosimitator