Do you know what "tapping" is? If yes, you should be able to figure that out. I would, but i currently have dinner awaiting.
I can tap, but it doesn't seem like the tapping I learned on guitar.

EDIT: I guess I'm confused as to how he's playing the bassline as well as the melody at the same time.
Two handed tapping. He is simply tapping out the bass line with his left hand and tapping out the harmony with his right hand.
he's hammering on every note, doing the bassline with his left hand and the melody (very simple melody) with his right. it'll just take some getting used to for you to play both at the same time correctly.

first bassline: 5th fret E string, 7th fret A string repeating twice
first melody: tapping 17th fret D string, 17th fret G string simultaneously

second bassline: 5th fret A string, then 5th fret E string repeating twice
second melody: tapping 16th fret D string, 17th fret G string simultaneously

i think that's right?

Left Hand(if your right handed)
|----------------------|
|----------------------|
|--7---7--5---5------|
|5---5------5---5----|

Right Hand(tapping)
|-17-1717-17-171717--17-1717-17-171717--|
|-17-1717-17-171717--16-1616-16-161616--|
|--------------------------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------|

something like that, put together with right timing.
thats a technique used very often in bass guitar duos. he's playing the bass line with hisleft hand while playing double stop chords (3rd and 5th) with his left. vic wooten does this quite often, best example is norwegian wood.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Hmmm, this isn't like guitar tapping is it? I thought tapping was more of a speed thing, is it used as a duet thing in bass?
Two handed tapping on bass is often like playing the piano.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by MastaBassist10
Hmmm, this isn't like guitar tapping is it? I thought tapping was more of a speed thing, is it used as a duet thing in bass?

It's never about speed, it's about building a chord across the fretboard. It's usually done it triplets. The tapping that you're calling "guitar tapping" can also be done on a bass. This is different, he's tapping a melody and a bass line simultaneously. This is also done on guitar, check out some work by Kaki King, she's terrific at tapping on acoustic guitar.
Quote by MastaBassist10

I've seen guitarists use this approach to tapping. I've also seen bassists use the tapping approach you are probably thinking about.
i really dont want to sound cheeky and put myself out of place...but is there really that many people in here who dont know what tapping on bass is?

sorry,but thats like a nesecity lol
^No, it isn't a necessity. I've never been in a situation whereI absolutely, positivley had to tap while playing bass. If you can use it and you can construct big chords across your fretbaord to add to the melody, or to fill space while the guitar does something then great, but it isn't something you have to constantly do.