I have been trying to do this forever, so don't laugh when you here it. I no it's not impressive, but I was extremely proud of myself. It's the one titled " Quick Shred, I Suck"

www.myspace.com/guitarwylde03
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
truthfully its cool but i dont know why you wasted your time on it.

if you want me to hear something then make it more than 10secs....cause now im angry
President of "Blink 182 Fan club" club
PM Me to join

Set-up
My very own baby with LED's
GX212 Ultratwin by Behringer
MT-2 boss metal zone pedal
That's why it said quick shred. There are a few other short pieces on there as well. Sorry it made you angry, but I was excited that i could pull that off. I have never been able to pick or play very fast. Thanks for checking it out any way. Do you have anything for me to crit?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
A little harsh, but understood. I know a pretty good bit of theory, but I don't have the ability to play outside of the usual shapes yet.

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Yeah, i didnt mean to be harsh, but you dont get better if i just tell you that you're good, which you are, dont get me wrong.

Learn your modes if you dont know them, then diminished, and how to apply them. Thats a good start, learn the notes on the neck, how to correspond those to chords, how to do specific harmonies (though judging from your other songs, you knwo that well), etc etc.
I understand. What do you do to help you play faster and with more accuracy? I have tried to learn modes before, but got frustrated, that is something I planned to get back to soon. I have also tried sweeping, but with no luck. I can get three strings, but that's it. Thanks for the advice, i wasn't trying to sound like I was trying to make myself sound like I was great or anyhting. Any more advice would be appreciated.

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Alright, well as far as modes, once you learn all the notes on the neck they make more sense, for each mode shape is the same notes in a different position.

For example, look up the modes of g, starting with g ionian, continuing with a dorian, b phrygian, c lydian, etc.

Each shape is the same notes in different spots on the neck, so when you play over a g major backing track, you can play any of those different spots, move between them, play on only 1 string using the notes from each mode on one string, etc.

Also, if you have a backing track or chord progression that centers around, say, e minor, then you can play starting on g major, because the natural minor of g is e (hint, to find the natural minor, take the major, or root note, and go down 3 frets, simple). So if you play from the modes of e aeolyan (natural minor scale), they work out the same as the ones of g major, and if you have a spanish chord progression, say, b maj to c maj, then you can play in the b phygian spot, which also works out to (get this), the same modes as g major!

its all connected, sorry if thats long, or doesnt make sense, but i tried, take it to the theory forum and youll get better responses.

Now as far as improving chops goes, thats a matter of practice, use a metronome if avaliable, and practice licks that you can't get till you can get them, try and have good technique (too much to get into here), and try songs that are out of your league, itll improve your skills.