I really did not know where to put this so...

I have been playing guitar for about 3 years now and i have mostly been playing metal (Metallica, Pantera, Ozzy, etc.). I liked listening to Yngwie Malmsteen and some neo-classical style music but i can never find any tabs or books for it. So one day i was bored and reading up a biography of Ozzy's guitarist Randy Rhoads i read how he started to learn some Classical and Baroque Gutiar before he died. Well i thought that learning Classical GUitar might help me technically and help me add some good melodies to the music i play (metal). So i went looking for instructional books about Classical Guitar they all are about just learning guitar. I already know how to play a lot of guitar and i already know basic theory, i just want to learn a new style not how to play all over again. So does anyone know of any good instructional books, cds, websites, basically anything that might help get into the style. Also if anyones going to recommend any cds just so you know, i like a lot of melody.

Thanks.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Take up lessons. books don't help classical styling much...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Yeah, especially since "classical guitar" really means spanish guitar, long finger nails, and extremely boring! (IMO!) I know the kind of playing you mean though, I think the best thing to do is to look for classical songs that have been transcribed for guitar, ie Toccata and Fugue which has an amazing powertab floating about (I can email you it if you cant find it). Taking up lessons would be the best, I used to have a classical guitar teacher, the stuff he liked was so dry, Segovia and the likes. He did although show me very good technique, shame they can play so well and waste it all!!
Its always happy here
I took classical lessons for the first 3 or so years i played guitar. I used a book called "Classical Guitar Technique" (volumes 1 and 2) by Aaron Shearer. It's pretty detailed at explaining the technique and proper way of playing classical music on the guitar. Check it out.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I took classical lessons for the first 3 or so years i played guitar. I used a book called "Classical Guitar Technique" (volumes 1 and 2) by Aaron Shearer. It's pretty detailed at explaining the technique and proper way of playing classical music on the guitar. Check it out.

I had that too i think! Is it the one with the black and white cover, and red writing I think? I can't remember too well, It was all music notation too which I liked, another this is classical guitar = no tab ever. Excellent for music reading
Its always happy here
the Shearer books are great for learning classical guitar. Coupled with a good teacher, a classical guitar, and determination, you should do fine. I'd recomend some of John Williams CDs if you want some classical music.
I have nothing to put in here.
Quote by HedBanger24/7
I really did not know where to put this so...

I have been playing guitar for about 3 years now and i have mostly been playing metal (Metallica, Pantera, Ozzy, etc.). I liked listening to Yngwie Malmsteen and some neo-classical style music but i can never find any tabs or books for it. So one day i was bored and reading up a biography of Ozzy's guitarist Randy Rhoads i read how he started to learn some Classical and Baroque Gutiar before he died. Well i thought that learning Classical GUitar might help me technically and help me add some good melodies to the music i play (metal). So i went looking for instructional books about Classical Guitar they all are about just learning guitar. I already know how to play a lot of guitar and i already know basic theory, i just want to learn a new style not how to play all over again. So does anyone know of any good instructional books, cds, websites, basically anything that might help get into the style. Also if anyones going to recommend any cds just so you know, i like a lot of melody.

Thanks.

If you're looking for classical music for guitar, but not actual 'classical guitar', check my website (link in signature); 5 of the 7 books I've completed fit that description.
Im thinking of looking for a teacher but i have had a couple of bad experiences with teachers. But anyway, im looking around for cds of Classical Guitar and there are so many different composers that i dont even know where to start. I dont really like to just jump into a style because sometimes its a gamble. Does anyone know of any good composers with good melody? Im also looking into books and im finding more on specifically Classical Guitar but it seems some may be better than others. This all seems a little overwhelming but im still looking forward to it.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?