Page 1 of 2
okay i just heard this band and was floored they are awesome so yeah discuss fav albums and what not
Doesnt have a sig
Sound Of Perserverance, Human, Symbolic, Individual thought patterns are awesome death is amazing. Zero Tolerance
use the ****in search button.

and it's time to dimount chuck schuldinger's massive penis ya'll have been riding. dont get me wrong, i love the band as well. just lately opeth and death have been pissin me off with all the attention here.
I have and highly dislike Individual Thought Patterns.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
My first album was Individual thought patterns and I actually didn't really like it at all when i first got it but it grew on me.
Quote by mydadisjewish

and it's time to dimount chuck schuldinger's massive penis ya'll have been riding. dont get me wrong, i love the band as well. just lately opeth and death have been pissin me off with all the attention here.
sounds like SOMEONE is on the rag. easy there hormones.

Death are ****ing awesome. first song i ever heard was Scavenger of Human Sorrow, and i loved them right from the word go. fantastic band. All hail Evil Chuck
I have Spiritual Healing,Scream Bloody Gore and Human,and they all own
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by Alucard II
sounds like SOMEONE is on the rag. easy there hormones.

Death are ****ing awesome. first song i ever heard was Scavenger of Human Sorrow, and i loved them right from the word go. fantastic band. All hail Evil Chuck

just need to vent somewhere, and where else better than the metal forum?
love them! i've been listening to live in LA for awhile now.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Great, great, classic band. I have everything, SoP's my favorite, but any of their later output is ****ing sick. Their early albums are pretty killer as well.
Got Sound of Perserverance, love it. Got Human, not so keen on it.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
^Yup. True that. I don't have any of their other stuff, but SoP is pretty damn good.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
If you like SoP and want more Death, the most similar to it is Symbolic, although I believe Sound is the best personally.

One of my favorite things about Death is that you can see the progression. Simple Possessed influenced stuff of the demos to thrashy death metal to more technical death, then the melodic and progressive sort of stuff later on. You can even see it continue to Control Denied, all of Chuck's stuff is awesome IMO
Symbolic and Individual Thought Patterns are my favorite albums from them

i know the guy who played guitar on Symbolic
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
Quote by j1mi_h3ndrix
Symbolic and Individual Thought Patterns are my favorite albums from them

i know the guy who played guitar on Symbolic

You know Koeble???!!!

You are awesome.
Quote by mydadisjewish

Some might have difficulties searching for a band named Death in the metal forum.

And I kindof agree with you on Opeth, but no, I'm not dismounting from Chuck.

Yes, I'm a fanboy and I'm aware of it...
Quote by bimsterfls
My first album was Individual thought patterns and I actually didn't really like it at all when i first got it but it grew on me.

That's exactly what happened to me. When Overactive imagination played, it definately wasn't what I was expecting.
Quote by slippy456
okay i just heard this band and was floored

Well obviously.
Bite The Pain solo
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
What the fuck? Don't spam you stupid douche cunt.

ON TOPIC:

I have Sound of Perserverance, and its brilliant. I love the song Voice of the Soul or whatever it is and the solo in Painkiller is like pr0n.
I heard that they incorporated some Jazz influences on one album? Which one is that?
Good band by the way, starting to get into them.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Quote by Impaler
That's exactly what happened to me. When Overactive imagination played, it definately wasn't what I was expecting.

yea same here i was like what the ****?
Quote by Frobbage
Quote by The Oceanborn
I heard that they incorporated some Jazz influences on one album? Which one is that?
Symbolic.

Wouldn't Human also have Jazz influences, what with them Cynic boys playing on it (Paul Masvida and Sean Reinert)?
Quote by Spynal

Man, if only we could have a thread dedicated to recommendations, that would be sweet. Maybe, we could call it ... The Hugfest .... no, that's no good? Metal-O-Rama? Nah.... oh wait.

I've got it...
The Official Metal Recommendation Thread
if u like death, lisent to some slayer or a band called the beserker
whoo! finaly got my grade 6!
i only have sound of perseverance and its amazing album, was gonna buy live in LA but bought 2 iced earth cds instead, live in LA is the next on my cd to do get list though
Quote by lou_dog69
the moral of the story is keep your jizz covered fingers out of virgins vaginas... HOLY CRAP that explains how mary was a virgin!!! the bible finally makes sense
Quote by -x-Emo_kid-x-

BOO!

symbolic is my favorite. yay death. WOO!

i think if death came around today, they would be classified as melodic death metal due to all the nifty harmonizing. i mean sure, back then "death" was brutal, but it cant compare with some of this ridiculous nonstop blast beat agressive **** they call music. (noisecore and grindcore = anuerism)
Quote by The Oceanborn

Human. They do have some odd times and such on any of the albums after that too, but Human's got Paul and Sean from Cynic so naturally, Human.

^^Maybe Symbolic, but I don't think the others would be. Even Symbolic, there's a good diversity of material and I wouldn't classify the title track as that. I just think of the later Death stuff as a good mix of pure metal goodness.
Last edited by SickMetal at May 29, 2006,
Quote by -x-Emo_kid-x-
yes, do. then you'll realise that Death are 10million times better than any band Emo_kid can come up with
Death dont sound like Slayer or The Berzerker, and they're way better.

i havent actually listened to Death in a while, apart from Scavenger of Human Sorrow about 5 minutes ago...methinks its time for a Death binge.
Haven't seen a Death thread in a while.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by -x-Emo_kid-x-
Trolling, eh? And this is the second time. You've already been warned.

*reported*
Quote by SGRocker0791
Just got into Death. I dig them.
+1

I just started listening to them a few months ago, and I love them. I believe my friend's older brother is pretty good friends with one of their [many] former guitarists.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
i find their music very depressing but i still love it.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
^ That's a large part of why I don't like Death very much.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
My favourite DM band. Chuck is a gangsta.

I have the Leprosy album and the Live In LA DVD. I want to get SoP or Symbolic next.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Page 1 of 2