I've been thinking about getting a Fender Jaguar, a Jag-stang (from eBay), Mustang (eBay as well), or a Cyclone. I like to play classic rock, some Oasis, and some RHCP. Is it good for me? Or should i spend some extra cash to change the pickups. I think they're nice guitars. Which one should I get?
Sent from my iPad.
Jaguar all the way you can get any tone you want out of it the only tone that you cant get is heavy metal.
Out of the ones you listed I would def go with the Jaguar, everything else is kinda quirky.
Ped's on..he's the jaguar expert here on UG. Why he hasn't chimed in on this thread yet, I don't know.

*with intercom*

"Paging Pedricko...assistance needed with Fender topic..."
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I dont know, but my guitar teacher told me that the bridge system on mustangs, jaguars and jag-stangs are the worst piece of **** ever invented. I don't remember spesifically why, and he might've been full of bull****, but anyone care to elaborate?
Quote by guitarforever<3
I dont know, but my guitar teacher told me that the bridge system on mustangs, jaguars and jag-stangs are the worst piece of **** ever invented. I don't remember spesifically why, and he might've been full of bull****, but anyone care to elaborate?

Yeah, I hear about their bridge setup. That's why it's really hard for me to decide.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Yeah, I hear about their bridge setup. That's why it's really hard for me to decide.

I suppose you could just change the setup?
If anything, get a Mustang. I've played a Jag-Stang. Uncomfortable as ****. No contours, horrible bridge issues, etc. The Mustang, however, was really nice sounding unplugged, great tuning, nice and comfortable, fast neck, all of what you want from a guitar.
Quote by guitarforever<3
I suppose you could just change the setup?

Yeah.... how am I gonna do that?
And I'm sticking with the Jaguar. I like the ones with the matching headstock, but they're available on eBay and most are japanese. Good idea?
Sent from my iPad.
Last edited by paintITblack39 at May 29, 2006,
A Jaguar would be best for you, unless you wanted to look at Jazzmasters too, they're amazing playing/sounding guitars.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I once played a Jaguer at a guitar shop. It felt and played great. But how are you gonna play classic rock and RHCP with those heavy gauge strings that it comes with? if you change them to really light gauge then will it still sound good? thats what i was always wondering
I have a Jaguar and love it, but I'm gonna recommend a Mustang, just for originality.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID