What are some great programs out there that I can record and edit music with? What are the professional standards?
Quote by mrmoo182
Audacity

I wouldn't exactly call that professional standards.

The professional standard now adays is Pro Tools. But for ProTools you have to use DigiDesign hardware which aint cheap, unless you get the M-Powered version. Also check out Cakewalk Sonar (My personal Pick), Steinberg Cubase, and if your on the Mac Logic.
cubase is one of my favorites
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Tracktion
IMO the easiest to use, but its still got lots of nice features. There's a demo at www.tracktion.com/.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by take_it_t
I wouldn't exactly call that professional standards.

The professional standard now adays is Pro Tools. But for ProTools you have to use DigiDesign hardware which aint cheap, unless you get the M-Powered version. Also check out Cakewalk Sonar (My personal Pick), Steinberg Cubase, and if your on the Mac Logic.

yeah, i would have to agree that pro tools is the best you could use, but can be hard to purchase the m-box hardware, if you cant get your hands on that i suggest Adobe Audition 1.5, it's what I use, i think it works quite well.