Once and for all, Why is Shadows Fall considered hardcore? Just because the metal forum guys say it is? F___ them. Shadows Fall sounds like Metallica style music ffs.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by SilentSpectacle
They aren't considered hardcore, they're considered metalcore.

What he said.
^Naw. Some "true" metal bands have breakdowns. Not many, but it's not a metalcore-exclusive characteristic.

The singing, mainly. It's not screaming or growling, it's more of a bark. Metalcore is hardcore punk mixed with metal influences?which is what his vocal styling is based on (hardcore punk).

That's how I see it at least. Feel free to correct me.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Thank you Church.

(I never thought I'd say those words in one sentence, ever.)
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
this Massachussets quintet return with another album to further obliterate the boundaries between rock, metal and hardcore.

An excruciating mix heavy hardcore and over-the-top metal from this Massachusetts group.

Taken from interpunk.

And sounds like metalcore to me.

Punk died with Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.

k guys i play real metal like atreyu and stuff
Quote by HardAttack
Thank you Church.

(I never thought I'd say those words in one sentence, ever.)

Not funny.
I play guitar
i thought that was funny...^

but yeah SF are defniltey metalcore and the new album sucks.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
They are metalcore for the reasons listed above.
The still own though, especially the solos on The Art of Balance.
and...
The Art of Balance>The War Within.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Because of what metal is versus what shadows fall is. Metal, in its purest form, is stuff like Morbid Angel, Behemoth, Darkthrone, Nile, Amon Amarth, et. al. Metal is a complete disassociation of musical themes with reality, pop culture, and society in general. It's not about relationships or heartbreak or politics. It's a big "**** you" to the popular things people like to write about. Shadows Fall is just "GRRR I'M ANGRY" music, and thus, is not metal. I could give you a hundred reasons why they don't sound metal either, but I won't, because you'd shoot them all down, no matter how right they are.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.