how much would it cost me to get a custom paintjob by a pro? just give me a ballpark, i know they dont all have a set price but im sure it cant be much of a diffrence.
(i want polka dots, if that changes anything)
do it yourself, its easy and if your patient you'll get it just as good.

But as far as gettin it done by a pro goes, sorry cant help you there.
Erm, depends who you go to I guess. I woudl probabaly expect 100-300, probably. And polkadots do change it a bit, since it will be considered a design on top of a solid color you'd have to pay extra becuase of the paint and labor for taping the body
man i looked at getting a pro to do mine, the price varied from 50 bucks - 300 bucks. and that was just for a plane white, no clear coat. i went out and done it my self and spend 30 bucks on paint and got the result; point of this post, do it yourself
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
ive never done anything to my guitar myself... not even take off the pickgaurd... how am i supposed to paint it myself? id rather spend an extra hundred getting it done by a pro.
either had i man, its called reseach. you also gota have balls to do it in the first place
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Quote by thelittlemaster
You can take a look at GMW Guitarworks if you like....they've got price lists on a whole load of different graphics and paint options.

Some of their work is wicked!

71. Black/white polka dots $200.00

AWESOME
thanks dude... ummm
but now i got another question... do i have to buy a guitar from them and get it painted like that? or can i ship my les paul to them and have them paint it for me...?
You can send yours off...

Bodies should be supplied to GMW Guitarworks with all parts removed. However, do not remove the existing finish. We will strip, repair (if necessary), reseal, paint and clear finish your body on the premises.

It's on the paint prices page...don't know the exact ordering process but I'm sure you could just email them if you're unsure.
i think you'll find the price on GMW's site is an EXTRA, to a custom ordered guitar. EG: they have already allowed for the primer, base colour, and clear coats, as well as the buffing when its all done. The polka dots are simply the extra "to put the dots on somewhere in the middle of that process".

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!