Hey, Im here asking this question because today I went to guitar center looking for some strings and just asked for a set of 9's because I was desperate and did not care what brand, he reaches out and grabs a box of DR's...I never heard of them in my life but the box says they are Hand Made Strings. and they sound good but have a lot of treble, so...anyone ever heard of them and are they actually good or is it my mind? (They were $7 bucks a box)
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
I swear my life on .11 gauge DR strings. I absolutely love them.
Last edited by drop-dead666 at May 28, 2006,
they might be twangy partially because they're 9's. all i use are d'addario 10's and i love the sound and the feel. lots of full time musicians use daddarios for tons of instruments and theyre definitely good. try what's best for you.
cKy
Strings are all preference, so it's basically up to you whether they are good in your opinion or not. And if I am not mistaken Alexi in CoB uses dr's.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
my dad got me a set of DR 9's. i needed 'em in a pinch. i hated them. i usually use Ernie Ball slinky top heavy bottom. Those are my strings. Don't get me wrong, someone might like 'em, just they're not the strings for me.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Dude DRs are hella good. my buddy robb that works with guitar equiptment was tellin me that drs are made really big then compressed so they dont snap as easy, they give a heavier tone and the metal that the string is made up of is more dense because of the compression winding. u chose good man.
Quote by Bloody Mary
Strings are all preference, so it's basically up to you whether they are good in your opinion or not. And if I am not mistaken Alexi in CoB uses dr's.

yeah, 11's.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
I use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms. Or something like that. I tune to drop D often.
DRs are pretty good, and what type of guitar?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I swear by my DR's Tite Fit 10's, and this may not be the appropriate place, but I have boxes full of strings, that I got from a Music Shop that closed down, where would I post this, I am new, sorry!
Trav