Alright I might run into quite a bit of money soon so I'm gonna uprgade all my gear here's what I'm looking at and what I've decided

I need
New practice/recording amp
New gigging amp
New guitar
OD pedal
Fuzz pedal
Feedback pedal
Delays and loopers
Reverb(if the amp doesn't have it)

Alright so I've already decided I'm gonna get a tele for the guitar, a supersonic fuzz gun (from death by audio) for the fuzz, I'm gonna build a feedback loop pedal (a la Total Sonic Annihilation), I'm gonna get a DD3, a DL4 and the new boss looper that's going to come out and probably a Holy Grail

What I need suggestions for:
New amp
I need a 30-50 watt amp. I play indie/disco punk/hardcore and the odd metalcore. I don't have a budget but I'd like too keep it $500-$1500 (CAD). I've been looking at vintage handwired traynors, traynor YCV series, Fender tube combos, AC30s and Orange single channels

I want a full 3 band eq and I'd prefer reverb and an effects loop

Practice/Recording amp:

I'm going to sell my current amp and probably get an Epiphone Valve Special, anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions for a 5 watt or less tube amp?

OD pedal:

See above, I dont think I need to explain anymore

Any help is greatly appreciated and keep in mind that I live in Canada and even though I will use your suggeestions I'll probably end up going to a music store and trying everything out

[/massive post]
For ur gigging amp, go with a mesa boogie triple rec for the dirty sound and any marshall or fender stack or combo for the clean sound.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578
For ur gigging amp, go with a mesa boogie triple rec for the dirty sound and any marshall or fender stack or combo for the clean sound.

Despite the money I still want to be sensible and use one amp and just OD it, and Triple Rec is overkill
I need

(If you were me, and I only care about what I need because only you know what you need, and I have a chunk of this stuff but I am satisfied with it.)

New practice/recording amp-Fuchs Lucky 7
New gigging amp-Two Rock Sterling Silver
New guitar-Custom Shop Strat
OD pedal-Original TS-808
Fuzz pedal-Pete Cornish PT-Fuzz
Feedback pedal-WTF?
Delays and loopers-Line 6 DL-4 and Boomerang Phrase Sampler
Reverb(if the amp doesn't have it)-Fender 63 Reverb
Quote by Cmogi10
I need

(If you were me, and I only care about what I need because only you know what you need, and I have a chunk of this stuff but I am satisfied with it.)

New practice/recording amp-Fuchs Lucky 7
New gigging amp-Two Rock Sterling Silver
New guitar-Custom Shop Strat
OD pedal-Original TS-808
Fuzz pedal-Pete Cornish PT-Fuzz
Feedback pedal-WTF?
Delays and loopers-Line 6 DL-4 and Boomerang Phrase Sampler
Reverb(if the amp doesn't have it)-Fender 63 Reverb

Do you have experience with those amps? And I really don't want to spend that much on my practice amp it will mainly be for when my amp is at some drummer's house

and the pedal creates a feedback loop in which you hook up other pedals to for madness (check out the Indyguitarist "Epidemic" or the Death By Audio "Total Sonic Annihilation")
Your an idiot. A good amp is all you need for distortion or overdrive. Feedback pedal what the hell. For Practice amp Fender Twin Reverb. For gigging Marshall Jubilee or Jcm 800. guitar pre 99 Gibson Les Paul.
feedback pedals exist. theyre like delay pedals where you press the button and it sustains the delay, well its like that but it feedsback whatever youre playing. i want one too.

for a gigging amp, a jcm 2000 and for a practice, a valvetronix. and an mxr 10 band eq for tweakability with whatever you use.

but thats only what i would opt for.
I second the valvetronix as a practice amp. It's fairly cheap, and versatile as hell. Great for recording and practicing. Gigging amp? I wouldn't go with a Marshall, and Fenders would get ruled out from the metalcore. An orange rocker 30 has all the gain you need, plus a 10 band eq would complement it well as a contour to get ultra scooped sounds. No need for pedals there, unless you want to boost your solos....
After all of that stuff he wants, he still hasn't said what sounds he's looking for from an amp.

...?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^Haha, I didn't see that anywhere, damn.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
If you have no budget, get a Bogner Uberschall.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
if you have no budget buy john petrucci's house and everything in it... i guarantee it's all you'll EVER need
Quote by Bulletbass man
. For Practice amp Fender Twin Reverb..

For practice? there great amps.

If your looking for a fuzz have a look at my sig.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
a bogner uberschall as mentioned above very nice i must say lol or get a traynor ycv 50 blue idk no budget buy everythign then return it lol that didnt make sense
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Oh my god, there are so many dummy's in this thread. They read the title of the thread, but not your post. "Oh, a 50 watt amp under 1500 CAD? Get a Bogner Uberschall!"

Cmogi, I never knew your rig was so nice. Fuch's and Cornish's?

For the OD, the Xotic pedals are really nice, although they will run around $190. The Fulltone OCD is great too. If you're looking for something cheaper, the Maxon 808's are good.

For a recording amp, the THD BiValve is amazing - a bit pricier than the Valve Jr., though. Around $700 USD used. But it's very nice.

Gigging amp, out of those, I would go with the Orange, although I don't think you'll be able to get them under 1500 CAD?. . . maybe used. Forgot the prices on the heads. You'll need another cab too, and a good cab costs around $600 at least. . .
how about like 6 mg half stacks sorrounding you as you play your squier bullet
a 6505 would be great for the metalcore and hardcore. It might be in range fo 1500
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Amp? Mesa Single or Dual Recto (I don't know how much they go for in Canada)
OD?: Boss Super-Overdrive or Ibanez original tubescreamer
For me a now bufget gear would be:
Practice/recording amp: Original 60's Marshall 18 watt
Gigging amp: Original 60's Marshall 1959 Plexi
Guitar: Original 1959 Les Paul Stanard
OD pedal: Maxon OD-9
Fuzz pedal: Zvex Fuzz Factory
Delays and loopers: An original Echoplex and Boss DD-6
Reverb: Original Fender 60's reverb unit
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
From your original post.... it seems you want to purchase an amp for $1500 CAD (which is about $1350 USD). But then in addition, you want to purchase another amp for practice and recording.

My suggestion would be to find one amp that accomplishes both ends. Find an amp that will cover you live and will cover your recording desires. And not to mention, combining the money together that you would otherwise spend separately, would give you more money to purchase persay an even nicer amp.

Also, it's very deceiving to say you have no budget in the title, but to then mention one in your post.

Now if you had the money, I would shoot for a Mesa Road King (the new series). Spend some time learning the EQ and understanding all it's options, and you'll have just about any tone available to you. You can get a nice light distortion to heavy thick high gain. You can choose EL34 tubes or 6L6 tubes, or even combine them! And with switching tubes, you can also lower/higher your wattage (I think it can go as low as 40 watts, and as high as 120 watts depending on your tube selection). And the new series Road King is to feature a clean channel based off their Lonestar (IE, amazing cleans), as well as improved reverb.

Well... that's my Mesa plug for today.

:EDIT:
Oh yeah... you won't need anything like an OD for this amp. It can cover the spectrum on it's own.

And for delay... you say you'll get the DD3.... I would recommend considering one of the newer models that has more features. The DD6 is nearly identical to the DD3, except that it has a longer delay time (I think the DD3 can be up to like ~3000ms, and the DD6 to ~5000ms). And personally I prefer the DD5 (no longer in production)... it has more features than either one. While having all the normal delays like the DD6, it also has the reverse mode (which the DD6 also has, but the DD3 does not) and a number of reverb modes.
Last edited by CyBerAliEn at May 29, 2006,
Ahh, the Road King's.

Andy Timmons helped design the Road King. Or the Lone Star. Either one. . .
Quote by Mascot
Oh my god, there are so many dummy's in this thread. They read the title of the thread, but not your post. "Oh, a 50 watt amp under 1500 CAD? Get a Bogner Uberschall!"

Cmogi, I never knew your rig was so nice. Fuch's and Cornish's?

For the OD, the Xotic pedals are really nice, although they will run around $190. The Fulltone OCD is great too. If you're looking for something cheaper, the Maxon 808's are good.

For a recording amp, the THD BiValve is amazing - a bit pricier than the Valve Jr., though. Around $700 USD used. But it's very nice.

Gigging amp, out of those, I would go with the Orange, although I don't think you'll be able to get them under 1500 CAD?. . . maybe used. Forgot the prices on the heads. You'll need another cab too, and a good cab costs around $600 at least. . .

Fuchs Cornish's Two Rocks, handwired marshalls...it gets the job done.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

i like my dd-6 delay. i line out to a fender blues jr and to an epi valve jr head.
i guess if u want a loop check out the dd-20.

i suggest if u get a valve jr, get the head. i was just using it today at about 7. really nice tone. i almost recorded something for my sig, but i was too lazy.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 21, 2006,
Quote by SG6578

No....just no. No one has any use for a Triple Rectifier, no one. A single rectifier is better and cheaper. That said, if he's looking at fenders, he probably doesn't want a Mesa.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.