Im looking for a five string bass, can anyone help me by naming some good 5 string brands, that are good for playing with fingers, and slap poping style.
Quote by dyingbreed88
I have seen some good 5 string Ibanezes. They sound good in my opinion.

How are they for slap and poping, and which kind r they
I have a Schecter Stilleto Studio 5 and it is amazing. Nice body, neck thru, and a 3 band eq.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
I just bought a Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 and it seems alright?. Looks great, neck thru design, fun for slapping...got mine for $491.88
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
Warwicks, they're the best kind of basses I've ever played, especially the fretlesses.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 5. Still the best for slapping and popping, and it's got great fingerstyle tone as well.
^Wow......your post was so useless, you didn't answer the question, and didn't even explain why you feel that a 5 string isn't suitable for you. Please answer the threadstarters question, and then elaborate on why you don't like fives because I really want to know.
he was being a dink, going to extremes to say that he doesn't need/want the extra 5 notes.

anyway, on topic, ibanez and yamahas are good, from what I've played.
price range?
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
if ur just starting on a 5 string, Peavey's you can't go wrong with. My first 5 string was a Peavey Millennium BXP 5 string active. I still use it today, and I've gone and got meself a Warwick Infinity 5 string... I just love it. My second was a Peavey Grind bass 5. Loved it so much I got the 6 string version as well.

By the way, when people ask what 5 string they should get first, don't rush in and tell them to buy schechters, spectors, wals or warwicks... y splash out that much on ur first 5 string? If it ain't for you, that's a couple of hundred down the pan if u sell it on second hand.
Quote by XeNoCiDe730
price range?

under $1,800, but i want a real good quality one
Quote by Jonny182
under $1,800, but i want a real good quality one

If you like Mudvayne (I'm assuming this from the other thread about the Dig tab) then this bass can help you get closer to Ryan's elusive bass tone, along with a good amp setup of course...Even though Ryan uses a Thumb BO, this is my pick...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Corvette--Double-Buck-5String-Bass?sku=519185
Talk to Incubus_SCIENCE for info on that bass, he played one and described it as nothing short of amazing...Great slap, fingerstyle and pick tone...

or like bumper said
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-StingRay-5String-Bass-Guitar?sku=515556
I'm sure many people on this site will vouch for the Stingrays greatness...

Also, Peavey Cirrus basses are also great for slapping from what I've heard...I've played the Cirrus BXP's (lower end Cirrus') and the ones I played had an excellent slap tone...One of the best, if not the best, slap tones I've heard on a bass that costs 550 dollars...Go to the peavey website for info on the real Cirrus'...

Then there's Tobias, Fender American Deluxe, Sadowsky, Zon, Pedulla, Modulus, etc...Those are some more high end bass manufacturers/companies...Then there are custom shops where you control every detail and make a bass that is exacted to your specifications, or where you construct a bass from random parts and custom stuff, which is what I'm doing right now, (my end product is estimated to cost about $1200...)
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Quote by XeNoCiDe730
If you like Mudvayne (I'm assuming this from the other thread about the Dig tab) then this bass can help you get closer to Ryan's elusive bass tone, along with a good amp setup of course...Even though Ryan uses a Thumb BO, this is my pick...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Corvette--Double-Buck-5String-Bass?sku=519185
Talk to Incubus_SCIENCE for info on that bass, he played one and described it as nothing short of amazing...Great slap, fingerstyle and pick tone...

or like bumper said
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-StingRay-5String-Bass-Guitar?sku=515556
I'm sure many people on this site will vouch for the Stingrays greatness...

Also, Peavey Cirrus basses are also great for slapping from what I've heard...I've played the Cirrus BXP's (lower end Cirrus') and the ones I played had an excellent slap tone...One of the best, if not the best, slap tones I've heard on a bass that costs 550 dollars...Go to the peavey website for info on the real Cirrus'...

Then there's Tobias, Fender American Deluxe, Sadowsky, Zon, Pedulla, Modulus, etc...Those are some more high end bass manufacturers/companies...Then there are custom shops where you control every detail and make a bass that is exacted to your specifications, or where you construct a bass from random parts and custom stuff, which is what I'm doing right now, (my end product is estimated to cost about $1200...)

Does Incubus_SCIENCE have a aim?
I second the double buck. It has great features, and i've heard nothing but good things about it.
Quote by grimreaper65
I second the double buck. It has great features, and i've heard nothing but good things about it.

have you ever played it?
Quote by Jonny182
have you ever played it?

Go here
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364572

Read where it says Bass #3
And then click on his name to view his info...I think he has aim...