Okay I am thinking about getting a new guitar so far I have dwindled down to two choices.

Gibson Sg Special

or

Epiphone Korina Explorer

I am kind of leaning toward the epiphone because I play more metal than classic rock and kind of want the body shape. So what do you guys think I should do. And can you guys tell me the pros and cons of both.
If you're getting it for the shape, I'd suggest an outside brand like LTD. Check out an EX400. If you're still set on a Gibson/Epiphone product, either guitar would work for metal. You could always get the Epi and upgrade the pickups later.
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Washburn X50PROFE
Crate FXT120
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Line 6 Gear Box (for recording)

My Music
Quote by punkgtrst096
If you're getting it for the shape, I'd suggest an outside brand like LTD. Check out an EX400. If you're still set on a Gibson/Epiphone product, either guitar would work for metal. You could always get the Epi and upgrade the pickups later.

I think I'm going to get the Epi and upgrade later on like you said.
The Epi and upgrade it. Gibsons are more money for the name. There are plenty of guitars that are nearly identicle spec-wise between Epiphone and Gibson, and the Gibson counterpart is at least 4 times more. It's a ripoff. You're paying that much more for a name on the headstock. Well, let me rephrase that, you're paying more for the same name on a different spot on the headstock. Most Epi's say "Gibson" on the truss rod cover. You're paying for the label at the top of the headstock.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar