I just realized something: Back in the 60s and 70s rock and roll was the king. Guitarists like Hendrix and Clapton were looked at as gods. Almost EVERYONE had a Beatles album.. Nowadays its not the same. No more woodstock, no more huge bands anymore.. Any thoughts on this?
Yeah I try to tell people that music can be more than just something thats fun to listen to... it can change the world at its highest form. Its the peoples fault that we dont have anything very good anymore. When people start listening to better music things will be better but its not lookin good. :-\
Idk, im not complaining, there's still great bands, velvet revolver, audioslave, alice in chains all have talent up the ass
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
well that and a lot of bands write two decent songs and then they go to a record label make a million bucks, then blow it all. My band hopes to be better so we're going to make sure we have at least two great cd's bfore we try anything. People don't stress good guitar, strong drums, flowing bass, and godd thouyghtful lyrics anymore... they just throw **** in and hoipe it's good
Surprise Cockfags
Quote by priest.fan.
"demand" is kind of a harsh word
"DATE ME, WOMAN!"

Legalize it!

Member #16 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join.
well theres no way any one music will stay on top for too long, the generation and culture is always evolving, rap won't be on top for ever, country is starting to get bigger and bigger, while at least it has instruments. Its an ever lasting cycle
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Quote by horazonblade
well theres no way any one music will stay on top for too long, the generation and culture is always evolving, rap won't be on top for ever, country is starting to get bigger and bigger, while at least it has instruments. Its an ever lasting cycle

agree...
Finally, people that agree with me. This forum rocks man, I mean, it's been 15 mins and theres already 7 posts.
Quote by thrashing moles
****ing rap music

you're an idiot. shut up. moving on...

my theory: rock music simply got too popular and became a really good way to make a lot of money. there is still some very very good music being made today, but you just have to look a lot harder to find it. and it doesn't have the impact it used to have because the market is so innundated with complete and utter bull****. as soon as a good band comes along that's even the least bit original, a thousand other copy-cat bands pop up the next day. how can they have the same impact?

oh and let's not forget about clear channel!

I was only born in 1984 though... so my theory may be flawed.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Yeah.

Rap music took alot of popularity away from rock.

MTV also kind of took control of what exactly people listened to. Instead of people choosing what bands they liked, bands were marketed to them which, in most cases, they seemed to accept as good.

Also, rock just got played out. The whole idea of agressive blues (although thats a gross generalization, I know) can only be taken so far before other things start to corrupt it.
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Yeah, it's dieing. No way of getting around that. But there are still alot of rockin' bands around at the moment. I don't think it's going to die in our life time.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..