I recently got a job (I'm a sellout, I know) and now I'm looking into buying my first bass guitar. My friend leaves his Fender P bass at my place all the time and I just fell in love with the Low End of music.

Now I want to purchase a Bass of my own. I'm not looking to go over $300 and I'm not a very big fan of Ibanez for some reason. I've heard that OLP makes a decent entry level bass and I came across this beauty here: http://www.zzounds.com/item--OLPMM2 and while I'm not a big fan of Jumbo frets I think I can live with it.

So my main question is would this bass make a nice purchase for a guy who just wants to fiddle?
I bought a squire bass, and I dont regret it at all. It's a good starting bass, and has held up pretty well.
yeah, it's a good bass, i would recommend it, you can get quite a good variety of sounds out of the single humbucker on it, the neck is pretty nice for the price, but i would get it from musiciansfriend.com if you are going to get the solid color, save about 50 bucks for like a strap, cable, tuner or whatever, or they got a flamed maple top for the same price which looks pretty sweet itself