Lately ive been wanting a new guitar with EMGs for months now but i havent found any that i really liked , ive been looking at the Epiphone black beauty for quite some time now....does anyone have any of these? I want to change the original pups to all EMGs (Good idea/Bad Idea?) If anyone can help me with EMG combination ideas or guitar suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

theyve got a limited edition musiciansfriend les paul custom with emgs i think. its called the midnight or something.

here you go www.musiciansfriend.com
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Not a good idea.

A) If you want some real screaming pickups, get some Dimarzios or Seymour Duncans. I really recommend the Seymour Duncan JB, and with that pup you can even keep the awsome Gold covers!

B) EMG's are ugly.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
why is it not a good idea

maybe an 81/85/60 would be nifty to have
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

I personaly like EMGs , i do have a Jackson with EMGs but there passive. But ive played my friends and other guitars with different combinations.
I play mostly metal but i do like to play some alternative/indie rock once and awhile and i really like the shape of the Les Paul.

BTW Thanks for the input!
Quote by Kartman
Not a good idea.

A) If you want some real screaming pickups, get some Dimarzios or Seymour Duncans. I really recommend the Seymour Duncan JB, and with that pup you can even keep the awsome Gold covers!

B) EMG's are ugly.

Or, you could get some bareknuckles. Dave MC has changed my life with these things.

I also think EMGs arent ugly. Whats ugly about a black pickup cover?
how do you get bareknuckles..i think i might give in and consider them..
I'm not racist.

i looked up that xbucker which i think is made by the same people, and found the price and converted it to US dollars and it says it's $70. that's not that much, is that correct?
I'm not racist.

just get an EMG in the bridge...also, i played one...there awesome!!!
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by SpIkE27Z
how do you get bareknuckles..i think i might give in and consider them..

Sacrifice your soul to satan and pay about $450 for 3 humbuckers.

They're good but only if you know what you want Unless you're pro they arent worth considering.. Its like buying a custom shop guitar.. Its only worth it if you need it or you know what you want.

I have a set, they're pretty ****in good. I also have EMGs, they're pretty fockin good too.

My mind goes back and forth between my opinion on BKP. They're good sometimes, then others they arent worth the cash. I always like my EMGs, though.
you know what i find strange?..theres 3 pickups, but only a 3 way toggle?

1 2 3
neck, middle, bridge

why cant you use combinations of them?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I think that it switches like

Neck
Middle + Bridge
Bridge

on the Black Beauties. I'd install a 5 way toggle.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."