hey, ive got an epiphone les paul studio, and i love it. well everything but the fact it has dot inlays... how much would it cost for a pro to inlay it with trapazoid standard les paul inlay? just ballpark it.
Quote by dave293
Roughly $200-300

Inlays in a existing guitar are expensive.

What about the cost of the refret??

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
refretting a les paul is $220 at the local shop here
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Why would you need to refret it?
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Quote by Frostithe
Why would you need to refret it?

because you need to inlay into the fretboard, without the frets in the way. So, they have to be removed, the fretboard inlaid, then new frets installed.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
^You could probably leave the frets in, it'd just be harder when inlaying because you wouldn't have a totally flat surface.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Don't spend that much for new inlays, just buy another guitar with inlays you like or get a custom guitar built for you, you never know, you might one day start to hate your Epi for some reason, and all that work's gone to waste.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^You could probably leave the frets in, it'd just be harder when inlaying because you wouldn't have a totally flat surface.

no! No pro would EVER do that. How would you sand the inlays flat, whilst sanding WITH the grain of the fretboard, AND not even slightly touching the frets (to avoid scratching on the fret edges)...

Dot on the other hand, CAN be SOMETIMES inlaid without removing the frets, but never blocks.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Last edited by ormsby guitars at May 29, 2006,
Quote by R_H_C_P
Don't spend that much for new inlays, just buy another guitar with inlays you like or get a custom guitar built for you, you never know, you might one day start to hate your Epi for some reason, and all that work's gone to waste.

Listen to that guy ^^^

I had a guy come in to get me to fit new pickups to his guitar. No probs...
He then get a refret with jumbos...
Then changed the inlays to "birds" (it was a Tremonti model cheapy PRS) which needed ANOTHER refret...
Then wanted a refinish...
Then a bone nut...
Locking tuners...
tone pro bridge studs...
Then bitched and complained about how he'd love to buy a custom made guitar, but couldnt afford one, until i pointed out he'd spent more than that in six months on a cheap korean guitar, which ultimately WILL NEVER really be worth more than an unmodified version of the same guitar....

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
^ what a goof. some poeple have way too much money to throw around.
Hai UG!
Inlays are expensive, if i got one it would just to make the inlays the same on my guitars....
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic