On the Jackson website, the bridge is listed as "Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Tremolo". I was wondering...since it doesn't say "Licensed" does that mean its an original?

Edit: I would also like to know the quality of the "Floyd Rose® Licensed Jackson® Low Profile JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo". It comes on the MG series guitars and some of the pro series models.

Edit Again: Is the licensed one directly replaceable with an OFR? or is there routing required?
Last edited by capt_dammit at May 29, 2006,
I'd assume the soloist would have an OFR

mg serious is meh, licensed. works but can be iffy

and no.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

If it doesnt say official it isnt an OFR.

just a LFR. Nothing too fancy

Jackson usually dont need routing for swaps.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Floyd Rose don't only make OFR's. So it might not be lisenced, but also may not be an OFR. Infact i'm sure it's not an OFR.
Quote by Sn^ke
Floyd Rose don't only make OFR's. So it might not be lisenced, but also may not be an OFR. Infact i'm sure it's not an OFR.

Ok. But is it better then an LFR?
it depends on which model lfr your talking about also the material its made out of and when you mean by better what you mean
Quote by azn_guitarist25
it depends on which model lfr your talking about also the material its made out of and when you mean by better what you mean

Duh, I feel stupid now I mean better like "Is the trem in the Jackson SL3 Soloist better then the trem in the MG series guitars?" errrrrrrrrrr wait...better question.

Is the trem in the Jackson SL3 as good as an OFR or is it junk and needing replaced down the road?
^ yeah, i was confused by it too.

Can you try them? I wasn't too impressed with the new JT580LP (better than the old ones), but a lot of guys over at HC say it's great...

I dunno.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Can you try them? I wasn't too impressed with the new JT580LP (better than the old ones), but a lot of guys over at HC say it's great...

I dunno.

I'll see about going to the shops this week to see if they have any. Hopefully they do, seeing as most of them are Jackson dealers.
Quote by Dave_Mc

I dunno.

Eh i wouldnt trust HC too much either.

The trem on the Sl3 should be like a step up from a LFR but a step down from an OFR Similar to a floyd rose 2
Quote by mexican_shred

The trem on the Sl3 should be like a step up from a LFR but a step down from an OFR Similar to a floyd rose 2

I get what you're saying.

If it does go to crap though is an OFR a drop-in replacement?
It should. Jackson guitars usually have a direct swap for OFR from ther tremolos
Quote by mexican_shred
It should. Jackson guitars usually have a direct swap for OFR from ther tremolos

Sweet.
Quote by mexican_shred

agreed.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have a dark red one my. my dad got it for 500 dollars!! they were going out of business or something. and its not an OFR, its a liscnesed. but it stays in tune fine. the neck is sooo smooth.
Quote by Dave_Mc

I dunno.

yeh but they also say that caparison's are **** guitars due to their ebony fretboard
^ yeah. there's a lot of crap over at HC too, it's far from perfect.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?