i asked about shreding on another thread ...but i was wondering what are some examples of shred bandz?avenged sevenfold perhaps?o well post any you kno of .......becausei was JW.
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
hahahahaha -- no. Wrong forum, methinks, but i'll answer anyway.

Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Buckethead, John Petrucci, Jason Becker, Michael Angelo Batio, Racer X, Mr. Big, Praxis, Cacaphony...
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
^ What he said. Vai probably makes it sound the nicest, alongside John Petrucci from Dream Theatre. Also, check out Children Of Bodom. They're amazing. And these guys: http://myspace.com/theautumnoffering. I'm not much into shred myself so I don't have much advice. And to the guy above me...A7x do shred, but aren't a shred band.
Last edited by forty-six_and_2 at Jun 6, 2006,
AVENGED SEVEN FOLD ARE NOT SHRED..
anyway some example would be

Yngwie malmsteen and rising force.. racer x .. cacophony.... and people like shawn lane.. steve vai .. petucci... and satriani + joe stump amongst others like greenday, the're real shred
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
^ They aren't but they incorportate shredding techniques in some of their songs. Ohhh...to the threadstarter: check out some Marty Friedman ****.