I was wondering, what genre are Thrice? i mean, are they hardcore, hard rock, emo (shudder), what?
im just curious
their roots are in hardcore & punk, but they've refined their sound so much since identity crisis.

vheissu is more experimental rock than say, artist in the ambulance, which had a metal edge.

id say post-hardcore or something. i could see the likes of fugazi doing something similar to vheissu if they had a big record deal.
Yeah most of the time they get labeled post-hardcore, but the sound across the albums develops so much. What makes Thrice so great (in my opinion) is that every album, and hence every sound, is equally strong.
Quote by haz_uk
their roots are in hardcore & punk, but they've refined their sound so much since identity crisis.

vheissu is more experimental rock than say, artist in the ambulance, which had a metal edge.

id say post-hardcore or something. i could see the likes of fugazi doing something similar to vheissu if they had a big record deal.

Quote by kryptonite22
Yeah most of the time they get labeled post-hardcore, but the sound across the albums develops so much. What makes Thrice so great (in my opinion) is that every album, and hence every sound, is equally strong.

Both right.

I <3 Thrice.
I have them in my ITunes as post-hardcore, it's the only place I see them fitting.
They are such a great band when you're in the mood.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.