So, for anyone who has done this, what is the most efficient way of attaching bottle caps to a leather guitar strap? Hot glue gun, staple gun, or what?
Hot glue would work. But you have to devise a way to stick them on. If you were going to stick them on with the underside up, then that would be easy, but if you want the logo/brand names up then that's harder.
^Nah, they'd just fall off.

Punch a hole through the middle of each cap, and sew them on.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
or glue those little pin things on the backs so theyre like a mini button and just put them on that way...
epoxy mabey
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
duct tape.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
double sided tape?
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Whatever you do, try to avoid Gorilla Glue. I've had bad experience with that stuff. It seems to get everywhere and doesn't go away.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
wow, i just ran two strips of thin and flexible wire up the starp, and punched a hole through the bottle caps w/ a .22 then just sewed em on w/ wire. sold the strap for 50 bucks.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
w/ a .22? Lol, awesome, very creative.
I've hotglued them before, they should work. It all depends on what kind of strap you have.
I just buy a cool belt at american eagle or somewhere, fit some nails or whatever on it, slice some holes for the buttons in it, bada bing, bada boom, you have a sweet strap
^ya i had to shoot from like 30, yrds. tho. the hardest part was sighting my scope
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Because it looks awesome and works a charm I recommend aluminium pop rivets. Just use a washer on the back to stop it tearing the leather, which also looks good.

I make guitar straps from belts I find in the sales - the ones with studs in and stuff. Unfortunately they tend to be one size only, but that's cool with me. The last one cost me £3, if it were made by Levy's it would cost soemthing like £40.