please help.. okay, lets get to the point.

4 days ago i was practicing my slap and pop and i broke my d-string.

up to now i havent replaced my d-string. but i still use it to practice but the thing is..

since my d-string broke all of my strings vibrates on the 1st - 4th fret and it sucks especially the 1st fret it seems that it does not sound properly if i play it on the 1st fret all i hear is buzzing.

please help thanks. and btw. later i change my strings all ready.
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
Replace your d-string asap, your bridge is loose as it has less tension i presume... If it's still buzzing, seek medical attention
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Cradle of Filth is gay, and you are absolutely, positively not allowed to be gay in black metal.

It's kind of like being black in Alabama. Don't do it.
Quote by 4STRINGBOY
please help.. okay, lets get to the point.

4 days ago i was practicing my slap and pop and i broke my d-string.

up to now i havent replaced my d-string. but i still use it to practice but the thing is..

since my d-string broke all of my strings vibrates on the 1st - 4th fret and it sucks especially the 1st fret it seems that it does not sound properly if i play it on the 1st fret all i hear is buzzing.

please help thanks. and btw. later i change my strings all ready.

I misread the first question so I've edited.
It sounds as if you've fitted a lower gauge string which will give less tension therfore not pulling the neck far enough back in.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Last edited by John Swift at May 29, 2006,
should be clear, that the missing string caused the buzzing. so replace it and everything will be alright again
Quote by Pearson
Um. NIRVANA. I hope kurt dies. Oh wait, he killed himself already.
Quote by John Swift
I misread the first question so I've edited.
It sounds as if you've fitted a lower gauge string which will give less tension therfore not pulling the neck far enough back in.

would be my guess to... get a whole new set of strings, or a D that is the same gauge as the previous...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
i change all the string to the same gauge but the d and g strings still vibrates so much on the 1st fret and i am still disapointed.
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
hmm... I'd say take it to a shop... Or the trussrod needs some adjustments (but I don't think that since it's on the 1st fret only) Or the nut slots are carved in to deep by the strings...
Take it to a shop and ask them...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...