Page 1 of 2
It's about time a thread was made on these guys, what with being one of the big five Death Metal bands of the Late 80's/early 90's.

I love this band, easily my favourite DM band. Cause Of Death is an absolute classic. Frozen In Time and Slowly We Rot are also great.

Opinions?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Ive never been really able to get into them I guess cause of the vocalist.
The vocals are killer. At first I didn't like them cause I though he sounded drunk or something, but its pretty damn brutal.
Read my post. Not this.
Long time we haven't heard of these guys.

Never really got into them, I tried a few times and never found anything that interesting. I bought Frozen in Time last year when it came out and it was alright, but nothing great.
I like 'm

That's all
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
Quote by mingles
The vocals are killer. At first I didn't like them cause I though he sounded drunk or something, but its pretty damn brutal.

LOL! Same here.

Yeah, I like them quite a bit. Especially Cause of Death as I am a big James Murphy fan.
Quote by Spynal

Man, if only we could have a thread dedicated to recommendations, that would be sweet. Maybe, we could call it ... The Hugfest .... no, that's no good? Metal-O-Rama? Nah.... oh wait.

I've got it...
The Official Metal Recommendation Thread
Love Cause of Death and Slowly We Rot.

As for the new one (Frozen In Time) I liked a few songs,(Slow Death, Redneck Stomp/On the Floor) but for the most part I feel like the songs lack a little punch. Also I don't really like the guitar tone. Vocals still own though. John Tardy FTW
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
They're alright. Good for an occasional listen, but they get boring. Like chemical, I have their latest album and found that it's pretty good but nothing great. Love the vocals, but the guitar tone I'm not really liking, although Murphy's solos on Cause of Death are awesome. So yah, decent band.
Probably one of my favs as well.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
is there something awesome from Obituary that im missing? they bore me, newer stuff particularly, and im not mad on the vocals at all - which i know is gonna cause an uproar, but **** it, they annoy me!
DONT CARE

i love them, i got a double cd for a tenner with 'Slowly we Rot' and 'Cause of Death' in one

i still havent checked out frozen in time yet though
Quote by TheHaunted
I like 'm

That's all

Agreed
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
obituary owns, slowly we rot was the first death metal album i bought, and its still a favourite of mine
My sig is better than yours
I love these guys. Although one thing I don't get is, "Redneck Stomp"... I mean, why make an instrumental without any flashy licks or rippin' solos? Or maybe they just forgot to add in the vocals.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Obituary is kill. Cause of Death, Slowly We Rot, The End Complete, World Demise, Frozen In Time. I like basically all the music.
Black/Death.
Wow, I was just listening to them.

I just downloaded one of their albums, and I liked it alot. I used to not like them, though.
LET THE DEAD EAT THE DEAD
One of my favorites. Cause of Death....
At first the guy sounding like he was gargling marbles or something, but i got past that.
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
No one ever talks Obituary here, tis a shame. I was listening to Cause of Death today, thought I'd bump this shit up. Gotta get more albums by these guys, ****ing ace death metal.
Cause of Death rules solely due to the amazing James Murphy shredding some of the most metal solos ever.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
They're touring Aus soon but I don't think I'll be seeing them. The first two albums have some cool riffage but I never really liked the vocals.
Quote by CSguitarvocal
I love these guys. Although one thing I don't get is, "Redneck Stomp"... I mean, why make an instrumental without any flashy licks or rippin' solos? Or maybe they just forgot to add in the vocals.

It's just a ass-kicking 2 minutes of riffage. It doesn't need any flashy solos to be awesome.

I love Obituary, I have Cause of Death, Slowly We Rot, and Frozen In Time. The first two are essential death metal albums, and the third is great too, though much thrashier then deathy.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QFT. One of the best growls ever.

Obituary fucking rule. Just straight up, no bullshit death metal.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Obituary is a great band (one of my faves). Every single album of theirs is ****ing solid IMO.
Hell yeah, this thread is back. I don't get all the people raggin on the vocals, they're easily my favorite part of Obituary. My favorite tracks (besides the obvious, Slowly We Rot and Chopped In Half) are 'til Death, Cause Of Death and Infected.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by Night_Lights
Cause of Death rules solely due to the amazing James Murphy shredding some of the most metal solos ever.

yeah, obituary really picked up when Murphy joined. Cause of Death solo is awe inspiring lol.

I love Obituary, esp SWR and COD. Back from the dead is alright but im not too fussed lol

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
I'm listening to Cause of Death right now. First time Im hearing anything by Obituary. The solos are just too good. Love Murphy's guitar tone. The solo at the the end of Chopped In Half is just orgasmic.

The other thing Im really liking about the album is the drumming. The guy is pretty good.
please excuse any typos or grammatical errors in the above post.

My Last.fm
Best death metal band ever man, I got slowly we rot when I was in 6th grade.. Amazing album and I still cherish it as if it was just purchased..

Slowly we rot, Cause of Death, The End Complete are outstanding albums.

It has been said that they were working on their new album but one of the Tardy boys went to prison and will be released in 2008 so they postponed the album making.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
They have a new album Xecutioners Return? According to amazon the release date is 27th
August 2007 but it says it's limited edition. Anyone know anything about this?

Sorry to bump an old thread.
Page 1 of 2