the basic lead line (the bit before the first verse) isnt TOO hard, i mean none of it's too fast and the timing is nothing spectacular, so have a go, see how you find it and keep working at it til its perfect. That outro solo, however...
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Lol okay, i was just asking coz i think sweet child o mine is harder... but whatever

Edit: THats not after knowing the whole outreo solo, but i've sniffed at it, and know the first half, and i just think sweet child is harder

Im not being cocky
paradise city = twice as hard as sweet child of mine...that includes the "riffs" and solos
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
^^
wtf

anyway, the sweet o child solo isn't that hard, compared to the paradise city solo lol
Orange Enthousiast.
Both solos are relatively hard for intermediate guiarists who can't shred particularly well.
EDIT: Both solos as in Sweet Child and Paradise City... The first solo in PC is easy but the outro is tough.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
I think Holiday by Green Day solo is the hardest solo ever!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Thank you for your input.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Sweet Child is pretty easy, Paradise city is pretty hard, you have to be able to keep up fast playing for a long time.
I find Paradise City to be a pretty easy song, because once you get the theory of it you can improvise it
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
Quote by Gabel
^Dont you get im kidding?

It's still anoying wether or not you're kidding. It's like all the people who go Smells like teen spirit is the hardest song ever. It's horribly overdone.
For me, sweet child o mine is harder, coz i you have to move faster across the fretboard (when the wah kicks in) than in paradise city, where tapping and fast finger action is all you have to worry about. So i guess its about what kind of limits YOU have.
Quote by guitarforever<3
For me, sweet child o mine is harder, coz i you have to move faster across the fretboard (when the wah kicks in) than in paradise city, where tapping and fast finger action is all you have to worry about. So i guess its about what kind of limits YOU have.

theres no tapping in paradise city...and if you can play paradise city you can play SCOM easy.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by Gabel
I think Holiday by Green Day solo is the hardest solo ever!

Haha, Green Day fag! The solo to All the Small Things by Blink-182( )is so much harder, fagit!
Quote by Evian
It's still anoying wether or not you're kidding. It's like all the people who go Smells like teen spirit is the hardest song ever. It's horribly overdone.

True. Sorry if i were annoying you. I wnated to joke.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by bonchie1
theres no tapping in paradise city...and if you can play paradise city you can play SCOM easy.

I thought hammer ons were the same as tapping. Sorry then. Anyway, i can play SCOM, but i think its just as hard, if not harder than paradise city. I get the feeling that people who call SCOM easy don't know how to play it properly.
Quote by guitarforever<3
I thought hammer ons were the same as tapping. Sorry then. Anyway, i can play SCOM, but i think its just as hard, if not harder than paradise city. I get the feeling that people who call SCOM easy don't know how to play it properly.

i don't think SCOM is easy...but not near as hard as paradise city....go try and actually learn the last 2 solos in paradise city. then come back.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I said i know the first half of the outro lol. And the second doesn't seem any harder from what i've heard, and the tabs i've seen.
That's a pretty dumb question.

To me it's easy, but to someone else it might be their nemesis.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
It sounds difficult, but I've not looked at it tbh.
Masta Bassist, we all know it's the american idiot solo that's the hardest!
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
Quote by guitarforever<3
I said i know the first half of the outro lol. And the second doesn't seem any harder from what i've heard, and the tabs i've seen.

the first half is the easy part...the 2nd half where hes borderline shredding is whats hard...

but it is still basic pentatonic stuff so its not hard to learn per say...just takes practice.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I know what you're talking about. He's starting to borderline shred at aprox 5:14. I know 30 seconds onward from there.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
the tapping solo in crazy train is very easy

WHERE THE HELL DOES CRAZY TRAIN COME OUT OF THIS?
Quote by andjustice4all2

AHAHAHAHAHAH
Quote by andjustice4all2

i dont know, and frankly dont really give a **** as i was just stating the crazy train solo was easy so if your gonna go off at me go off at gabel as well for stating that the solo from holiday by greenday is hard. so just stfu
WHEEE!

LOL ^^^^^ (or something like that)

The PC (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH PC HAHAHAHAHA GEDDIT?) *ahem* outro solo isn't too hard , all pentatonics with a few passing notes, Slash gets into a few modes too, i think ,not very sure when it comes to modes (maybe the passing notes make a few runs modal? no idea.) Slash is very very repetitive and you don't REAAALLLY need to able to shred to nail that solo ( like Resi said, borderline shred) .

Remember, Slash seldom plays the same solo twice. He's all impro. impro impro impro IMPRO. Have fun with it!

-warren
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
the paradise city song could have better tabs. Some tabs confuse the sh*t out of me when i try to read it..........0.o''

what are good paradise city tabs where only slash plays them?? (im a lead guitarist type)
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Dude - here's the deal. I *had* paradise city on powertab AND GP. superb pieces , full lead and all. I delted em a while back. But here's the news - I have the piece lying around in an old Total Guitar. I think it's around here somewhere, but I dont have the time to search for it right now -i'm up to my eyes in exams and last minute classes. But if you can find it in a newsstand or old mag shop (its like from 2 yrs back) , its with the p*ssy from linkin park holding a broken LP copy in his hands on the cover, against a dark bluish background. Yeah, it comes with a CD with backing tracks too. i'll get back to you after my exams (after the 19th) - if i find the mag, ill scan it and send it to you, pm me with your mail.

-warren.
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.