I'm asking here, because i assume everyone knows what a bassline is and everyone here is quite educated in the ways of the 12 bar blues thus classic-rockesque songs.

Its for a medley im putting together for school assessnebt and i wanted to fit a 12 Bar Blues part to it.

So far ive got
Higher Ground - RHCP, My Generation - The Who, Under Pressure (Intro, for kicks ) - DB & Queen, Battlestar Scralatchtica - Incubus.

any help will be much appreciated.
cheers.
sympathy for the...
Devil
President of "Beatlemania is NOT phony" Club. PM me to join.
The standard 12 bar blues is a I IV V scenario, although some have a bridge/middle 8,
Led Zeps R&R uses 12 & 24 bars I do believe.
The easiest way to get into the 12 bar sequence is to listen some to early original mid/late 50s R&R, you can then play around trying different rythmn paterns whilst maintaining the sequence.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by Sgt_Pepper27
I'm asking here, because i assume everyone knows what a bassline is and everyone here is quite educated in the ways of the 12 bar blues thus classic-rockesque songs. Its for a medley im putting together for school assessnebt and i wanted to fit a 12 Bar Blues part to it. So far ive got Higher Ground - RHCP, My Generation - The Who, Under Pressure (Intro, for kicks ) - DB & Queen, Battlestar Scralatchtica - Incubus. any help will be much appreciated. cheers.
I can't quite get my head around your classification of The Who's My Generation as a 12-bar blues song. In any case, you might want to check out the bassline in The Allman Brothers Band's version of One Way Out. Good luck with your school assessnebt, whatever that is.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
^ I didnt call 'My Generation' 12 Bar Blues, i said i added that into my bass medley.
And sorry for my spelling mistake, its an assessment.
And thanks for the suggestion, ill look into it.
sympathy for the...
Devil
President of "Beatlemania is NOT phony" Club. PM me to join.
I think the Lemon Song is a twelve bar by Led Zep. Although it is a ripoff of that Killing Floor tune, if I'm not mistaken, but the bass part is relatively easy to pick out.
^yeah, and also impossibly hard to duplicate! lol i put that bassline up there with the jazz greats, i love it, but it's so damn hard to play.

Lemon Song would be good to add into a medley...
Looking for my India/Django.