Page 1 of 9
Anyone heard of these guys? They're fairly new (only released one album thusfar). Anyway, they're a melodeath band that must've liked At The Gates alot, because they sound quite similar to them. If you like true melodeath, I suggest you check them out.

http://www.theabsence.com/
Yeah they're great.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
There's a thread on these guys every other week.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
There's a thread on these guys every other week.

And with good reason too.

The Absence rock.

EDIT:
Quote by Insolent
Anyway, they're a melodeath band that must've liked At The Gates alot, because they sound quite similar to them.

At The Gates seem to be much more dissonant. Of course, I'm only basing this statement on Slaughter of the Soul, so I might be wrong.
Last edited by Scourge441 at May 31, 2006,
the vocals need some touching up.. but other than that they do sound pretty good

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
^No they fucking well do not, sir. The vocals are pretty killer.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
i got from your grave a few months ago. but i accidently bought two. so double the fun
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i got from your grave a few months ago. but i accidently bought two. so double the fun

You should mail the other copy to me and I'll mail ya some money Come on Derek, ya know ya wanna
Quote by XBodomX
Good band, wouldn't mind picking up a cd by them.

I give thanks to Scourge441 and his recommendation in the recommendation thread

You are very welcome, sir.
Maybe it's just me, but a lot of melodeath sounds the same to me.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
^I think it's because they all use the 3rd harmonies. Plus, alot of bands use the same riff style.

Oh yeah, and The Absence are pretty cool. I might see them on the 14th with Vader and all them. Yay for me
Quote by frozen-dirt

Oh yeah, and The Absence are pretty cool. I might see them on the 14th with Vader and all them. Yay for me

Man, they kicked ass. IMO, they deserved a bigger crowd, as there was like 40 people at most. We didn't get a 100+ crowd until around 8:30-9ish when Graveworm went on I think. Anyway, if you want the gist(sp?) of what they're like on stage, it's kind of like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE1D-g2xJUA&search=the%20absence

And Peter's dreads are really cool to watch fly around when he windmills.
omg their guitarist pete he post on another forum that im a member of and uses caparison guitars and framus amps how cools that
I really liked from your grave, and the lyrics are pretty cool to me, there not the greatest, but there pretty good, and dont get me started on the guitar, that was some cool ****, lol
from your grave is a great album...seven demons is quite teh pwnage...i hope they make a new album soon
FUCK
I hereby ressurect this thread to act as UG's official "The Absence" thread!

Although I don't think I have the authority on that matter, but it does have the little thumbs up thingie on it... I love the shit out of this band and I wanna go see them on October 9th....
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Me too! I was actually at my local CD store the very day that it came out, but I didn't learn about it untill that night! I'll head back out there one day (probably tomorrow) and see if they have it. If not, I'll stop by FYE to try and find it.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Go buy it now and get ready to have your nuts blown off by orgasming too much.
I might down load it this weekend. Either way, I'm getting a real copy by Christmas at the latest.
Here's hoping that this band gets the recognition it deserves with thier new album I can't wait till tomorrow! I'll be passing both CD places on my way to art class tomorrow, so I should be able to snag a copy if they have one.

Stupid name.

Me needs their new album.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by megaderrick
I need money, so I can get the cd.

Rob an old lady.

Stupid name.

Quote by megaderrick
^Ahhh, good idea.

My ideas are always good. People just never seem to admit it...

Stupid name.

my name is in the cd booklet.

The Absence = oral sex.

yes...it could be possible.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
jus dled the new album...pretty good stuff....only halfway through though!
loving the lead and rhythm tones..
Last edited by x Misanthropy x at Aug 10, 2007,
I've been following these guys since last spring and i still love them. The new album is really good, only listened to it a bit though. The new album has a much fuller sound, From Your Grave didn't have great production, but none-the-less was still a pretty kick ass album with sick leads.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I got thier new album arlier today I put it in my car's CD player, and immediately said "THAT'S how a great record should start up ". Cheers to The Absence for making another great album!

Stupid name.