GREAT AMP, but im not sure about for heavy metal
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
i also have it. the clean is great. i dont use the dist channel its not good for heavey metal, it gives the distortion, but so much fuzz and buzz most lead stuff doesnt cut through. i bought a boss mt2 metal zone. its awesome now. it goes loud too. its not too great at like 7+(on the volume control)
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I'd suggest saving a little bit more and getting the Bandit instead. It's a small step up in features, a little more powerful (more headroom) and has a much better speaker than the Blue Marvel in the Studio 112. The Sheffield 1230 is Peavey's knockoff of the Celestion V30, and they've actually done a really decent job recreating it. IMO, this amp is worth the extra cash.

Quote by xsynysterx06
...its not good for heavey metal, it gives the distortion, but so much fuzz and buzz most lead stuff doesnt cut through.

I used a Bandit (essentially the same amp) for 6 years, and I was playing nothing but Slayer, Metallica and Pantera stuff. Never used a pedal with it, and never needed the gain higher than 7. When you turn the gain past 8, it gets all fuzzy and buzzy, but it's very tight and defined at lower settings. And yeah, I agree that past 7, the amp starts losing its sound in a major way.

www.sadbuttrue-band.com - everything recorded prior to the new Master of Puppets cover was done using nothing but the Bandit.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor