Page 1 of 3
Ok, I went to Islands of Adventure the other day and realized that it's really easy to spot British people, just by the way they dress, walk ect.. But is it really that easy to spot american tourists in Britian, or anywere else?
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Last edited by bassmaniac101 at Mar 12, 2007,
If they have good teeth theyre probably american if their all yellow theyre probably british
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
yeah thats true... i know somebodys gonna say this so ill clear it up... NOT ALL OF US AMERICANS ARE FAT
Quote by EVH_5150
stairway to heaven has a solo?!?!
Im from america and like 50% of us are fat, they rest are either skinny or homeless
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578
Im from america and like 50% of us are fat, they rest are either skinny or homeless

it's kinda sad, but that is true. thank god i'm one of the thin ones. i eat like i'm fat though. but i just can't gain any weight.
GAS List:
Nothing
Quote by Flummery
it's kinda sad, but that is true. thank god i'm one of the thin ones. i eat like i'm fat though. but i just can't gain any weight.

You wanna trade metabolisms? I eat pretty normally, and I'm fat.
Yeah im skinny but I also eat like a ****ing pig, two weeks of what I eat could feed ethiopia for about 2 years
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578
If they have good teeth theyre probably american if their all yellow theyre probably british

Shut up.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Lick my sack, you know british people have bad teeth
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Quote by thefretlord
yeah thats true... i know somebodys gonna say this so ill clear it up... NOT ALL OF US AMERICANS ARE FAT

Yeah, that's true. Only about 50% of us are obese, 25% fat but not obese, and then normal and underweight people are a minority.

We'll also be likely to be confused when we here a word with 3 or more syllabyls, and rude.
Im american and im not fat, like I said 50% of us are fat, the rest are skinny or homeless
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Accents are an easy give away. I was walking down from Choices and I saw this American family, they were all in line with their raincoats and everything - it was hardly raining!
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
I'm american and quite skinny but I eat a lot.

There's lots of different kind of americans though so it depends where they're from.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
I'm american and quite skinny but I eat a lot.

There's lots of different kind of americans though so it depends where they're from.

I often see ones that have a west coast accent, or so I presume. I don't see many Texas rangers.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

Quote by SG6578

= lame stereotype. That only applied 20 years ago, now it's the 'upper class' who have bad teeth.

And Americans are easily spotted.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Actually, the Americans that I've met in person were very atipical. Smart, thin, and non-agressive. I couldn't believe it when they told me they were American.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Here at my country (Portugal, Europe) it's so easy to spot brits. All of them are red like beefs because of the sun.And they're usually polite.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
You can tell an american facially; they always have really big mouths/jaws for some reason (that wasn't meant to be an insult).
Quote by SG6578
Lick my sack, you know british people have bad teeth

f*ck off. seriously.
i havent been into central london in a couple of years, so my tourist radar is a little rusty. i could probably pick the americans out of a crowd though. i like euro-tourists, much more fun.
Quote by Mad Marius
Actually, the Americans that I've met in person were very atipical. Smart, thin, and non-agressive. I couldn't believe it when they told me they were American.

Well the fat ignorant ones don't own passports or leave the country. I heard that something like only 10% of Americans have passports. Whereas, practically everyone in the UK does. So the Americans that do get up and travel have to be 'out-of-stereotype'.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
When I went to Florida I could tell all of the European tourists. They (the men) all wore capri pants, and when we went to the pool, speedo's.
Quote by bouncingbassist
You can tell an american facially; they always have really big mouths/jaws for some reason (that wasn't meant to be an insult).

really? i was going to say that about people from the Uk...
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I know when I (American) went to Barcelona and France with some kids from my school, we were picked out immediatly. Like we wouln't even be talking to each other, not wearing gym shoes, or have cameras out and people would start speaking english to us right off the bat. So I don't know about Britain, but the rest of Europe can spot Americans pretty easily.
"Great music completely obliterates any conceptions of genre"

Recordnerd
Quote by theguitarist
Well the fat ignorant ones don't own passports or leave the country. I heard that something like only 10% of Americans have passports. Whereas, practically everyone in the UK does. So the Americans that do get up and travel have to be 'out-of-stereotype'.

Well, we are surrounded by the two biggest oceans.
We're only strays.
Quote by theguitarist

yeah, it's not like we're arrogantly isolating ourselves. We're really geographically isolated. America is ****in huge, so you can travel really far and still be in the country. And from a lot of places here, it's difficult ton get anywhere else. it's the same deal with foreign languages. i wish we knew more, but we're not isolating ourselves, we're already isolated by where we are.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Well, we are surrounded by the two biggest oceans.

That should be more reason to explore, besides, we don't travel in the old wooden ships anymore.
Quote by Necrophagist777

Quote by iforgot539
yeah, it's not like we're arrogantly isolating ourselves. We're really geographically isolated. America is ****in huge, so you can travel really far and still be in the country. And from a lot of places here, it's difficult ton get anywhere else. it's the same deal with foreign languages. i wish we knew more, but we're not isolating ourselves, we're already isolated by where we are.

I know. My post wasn't a criticism. The majority of my family lives there, and I can understand that, but for country with such international influence, it'd be great if more Americans experienced cultures outside of their own.

Though over here everyone spends the whole year saving up for the holiday and then goes somewhere like Thailand or Malaysia. Hell, even the Australians will travel to the other side of the planet for a holiday. You can always spot the Australian in England though, they tend to be the loud athletic one. I've yet to meet a 'fat' Australian.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Last edited by theguitarist at May 29, 2006,
Quote by theguitarist
I know. My post wasn't a criticism. The majority of my family lives there, and I can understand that, but for country with such international influence, it'd be great if more Americans experienced cultures outside of their own.

Though over here everyone spends the whole year saving up for the holiday and then goes somewhere like Thailand or Malaysia. Hell, even the Australians will travel to the other side of the planet for a holiday. You can always spot the Australian in England though, they tend to be the loud athletic one. I've yet to meet a 'fat' Australian.

I have a relative who is Australian, and who is quite large. Although I haven't seen any other Australians who might be compared to a American (in terms of weight).
Quote by Necrophagist777

Quote by bassmaniac101
Ok, i went to Islands of Adventure the other day and realized that its really easy to spot brits, just by the way they dress, walk ect.. But is it really that easy to spot american tourists in Britian?

Yeah usually you can tell who they are if you see them around London. Er, generally fatter, the way they dress and the way they act.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by rockergirl1122
Americans dress differently from every part of the US, usually according to money and state. But you can definately tell Americans different from British people, especially from accents and clothing, and mannerism.

What exactly is different? Do we wear different colours?
Quote by Necrophagist777

Quote by sadistic_monkey
It's easy for me to spot an American tourist. They're not even in their own country and they act like they own the place.

I agree, and I'm American...
I was in the Bahamas with a shirt that was covered in American flags and muscle cars...it's almost sad...
Last edited by AtrumArx at May 29, 2006,
Quote by doggy_hat
Yeah, that's true. Only about 50% of us are obese, 25% fat but not obese, and then normal and underweight people are a minority.

We'll also be likely to be confused when we here a word with 3 or more syllabyls, and rude.

hey! sure we're fatasses, but just because you used the wrong four letter word and misspelled "syllables" doesn't mean you to have say the rest of us are stupid too!!! i'll have u no teh american ejewcation sistem dun learned me well!

but seriously, not all americans are stupid, nor are all americans fat. MOST americans are stupid, and MOST americans are fat. i wish i lived in europe.
Quote by madbasslover
hey! sure we're fatasses, but just because you used the wrong four letter word and misspelled "syllables" doesn't mean you to have say the rest of us are stupid too!!! i'll have u no teh american ejewcation sistem dun learned me well!

but seriously, not all americans are stupid, nor are all americans fat. MOST americans are stupid, and MOST americans are fat. i wish i lived in europe.

I recommend Andorra.
Quote by Necrophagist777

Page 1 of 3