Ok, Ive been calling on alot of help lately but you guys dont seem to mind voicing your opinion at all...

So Right now my gear is as follows

Carvin X-100B Fullstack,i HAVE AN ASHLY SC-40 Preamp,too Ibanez TS-9, Ibanez Tonelok chorus/flanger, and a dunlop super mister crybaby. i play a Gibson SG special faded, and an epi flying V...

So i play ALOT of older rock and newer rock and metal, punk
Seven mary three, blink 182, metallica, greenday, 3 Doors down, creed, Alter bridge, cream, lynryd, foghat, Etc..

so my rig has to be very versital, and i dont want to have to switch settings around for the next song in a gig, i have most of the classic rock covered, and most of the heavt stuff like alter bridge, but i dont have the middle spectrum...

so as for a 3rd distortion , Ds-1 maybe? or Something else? my limmit on cash is abot...100 bucks wont spend more than that on any more gear..
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
If you push your budget $40 more you can get a Jekyll & Hyde stompbox. It's good and you have your pick between distortion and od and you can bleed them together. But if youur not going to spend that much mabey a Boss OD pedal. Don't get the DS-1 it sounds tinny. Atleast imo
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Yeh wont be pushing my budget, thats not a good scenario...lol

But i have overdrive now i need distortion, medium gain ish...the ts-9 doenst get there...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
actually the ds-1 is good for green dayish stuff.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
at harmony central there are alot of mixed reviews for a ds-1..most say its tin can sounding but others say its awesome...

i dunno, seems like all the decent pedals are WAY too expensive
Mail Goes here.

Decent pedals are kinda pricey but worth it if you find one that matches you. My personal experience with the ds-1 is the tin sound you heard about. It's so empty. But meh. Still try it out.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Jekyll and Hyde is a great pedal, but for a hundred bucks, why not try out a Digitech DF-7?
Dont like digitech so much, too digital,
Mail Goes here.