I've been playing for quite some time now pushing 7 years now, over this time iv've fallen inlove with D'addario Pro Arte Composites Extra hard tension strings.
The extra g string sounds great and so does the rest of the set.
I also like the extra frimness of the extra hard tension strings, they are a bit heavyer to play but i like the feel and sound better.
They are also great if your playing a down tuned guitar ( mine has been tuned either half or a whole step down lately because i have a deep voice)

So what does the rest of you use?
Alhambra 3C Acoustic nylon guitar
w\ D'addario Pro Arte Composites Extra hard tension
Walden Natura G639CE
Yeah d'addario pro arte own the classical string market.

They're crap for steel strings though, where elixir dominate.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
do you use ordinary pro arte or pro arte composites?
Alhambra 3C Acoustic nylon guitar
w\ D'addario Pro Arte Composites Extra hard tension
Walden Natura G639CE
those red la bella flamenco ones suck man, the regular classical ones are better
La Bella Reds suck? You're obviously not knowing much about nylon guitars eh. They aren't classical guitar strings. Try them on a flamenco blanca and you'll see what they're made for. Sheesh..

Each and every well-constructed guitar has a string set most suited to it. However, Savarez has an extremely good reputation with professionals. D'Addario seem to be of very consistent quality but they don't exactly shine out as the best. But then again, it depends largely on your guitar.
Just to add, while I may use other string brands most of the time, I still retain the D'Addario Composites 3rd string (G) as it's feel is practically unrivalled by any other string sets.
Quote by morgzilla
Augustine (Blue). The best.

how many times did you restring your guitar? these strings suck major asses!!!! they unwound at the saddle!!!! and sounds ****ty after 3 weeks.
D'addario Pro Arte FTW!!!! not the composites... but Hard Tension!
strat player forever.
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
how many times did you restring your guitar? these strings suck major asses!!!! they unwound at the saddle!!!! and sounds ****ty after 3 weeks.
D'addario Pro Arte FTW!!!! not the composites... but Hard Tension!

I change them about every 3 weeks anyways but not because they sound bad but because I play enough that they begin to corrode. On my guitar they open up really well by then and I usually regret having to take them off. And I've never had them unwind at the saddle. You are probably putting them on improperly.
dude, I don't change mine so often because of the money, but I play every day and the d'addarios lasted me longer. and I know how to string a classical properly. every guitar I strung with agustin blue's got the d string unwinding at the saddle, sometimes the E and A also unwind.
strat player forever.
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
dude, I don't change mine so often because of the money, but I play every day and the d'addarios lasted me longer. and I know how to string a classical properly. every guitar I strung with agustin blue's got the d string unwinding at the saddle, sometimes the E and A also unwind.

I don't know what to say. That's never happened to me. I personally like the sound of them and use them for practice as well as performance.
I play with D'Addario Pro Arte Medium Tension strings. Or at least, some kind of D'Addario's with normal/medium tension.

Everything else sucks
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Mosrite
those red la bella flamenco ones suck man, the regular classical ones are better

I use them on my takamine. Your right about them sucking in the beginning. When you string the guitar with them, those red la bella take a WHILE to settle, so you have to keep tuning your guitar over and over cause it sounds like crap. Then when they finally settle, the sound is beautiful.

Make sure not to tune too much when you first string them, wait an hour or so to let it settle then tune again or they might rip.