Page 1 of 5
I really can't choose, but some of my favourites are:

Jordan Putznik, Billie-Joe Armstrong, Mark Hoppus, Tom DeLonge (only in blink, his vocals sucks in AvA), Dexter Holland, Joe Strummer, Deryck Whibley.. I actually also like Jimmy Pop's vocals
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
Does Stevo from Sum41 count? i was listening to does this look infected earlier today, and i LOVED his vocals on thanks for nothing/reign in pain/WWIII
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by SpringingOff
I really can't choose, but some of my favourites are:

Tom DeLonge (only in blink, his vocals sucks in AvA),

this is like the stupidest coment ever, they are the exact same
I like Deryck Whibley's vocals because they're so pasionate and zealous, and I like Tom deLounge's vocals simply because I like his voice (the opposite of most). I also like the singer's voice from Lit, as well as Unwritten Law.

I never ever really liked Dexter Holland's vocals, I find them incredibly annoying.
Quote by JinKweon

Not a chance man!

I like Tom's voice on Flyswatter, Cheshire Cat, Buddha and Dude Ranch... His vocals from that time and now is COMPLETELY different!

And he used to sing good live, now he sucks live!

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

Quote by SpringingOff
Billie-Joe Armstrong

I always like Matt Skiba, especially during his raspy 'Good Mourning' stretch. And it's not really pop-punk but that one guy from Gogol Berdello is crazy.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Dexter!!!!!!

Also, well Ill post more later.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
I saw this video with some song by this band called Cartel, whom I had read something about in a magazine and just dismissed them as another useless band, but truth be told, I caught this video (I forget what song it was) and it was catchy-as-shit pop-punk. The singer's voice was really good, in a pop-punk sort of way. It wasn't really nasal, but it was the way I like my pop-punk vocals.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
Last edited by GuitarSlinger at May 29, 2006,
Dexter Holland... wow, a lot of people like The Offspring here.
Quote by dain84
Dexter Holland... wow, a lot of people like The Offspring here.

i went to see the offspring like 3 years ago and dexter cant sing for sh*t and everybody i know that went to see them said the same,they use a voice tuner or something like that to make him sound good on the album.

Quote by SpringingOff

I like Tom's voice on Flyswatter, Cheshire Cat, Buddha and Dude Ranch... His vocals from that time and now is COMPLETELY different!

And he used to sing good live, now he sucks live!

his vocals were pretty good back then and its true that he cant sing for sh*t live but if you listen to the latest(and final) stuff he did with blink like the vocals on not now and the back ups on another girl,another plannet he really has gotten his sh*t together.those are some of the best vocals he's ever done and he does have some good stuff with ava, but i guess its again the voice tuner that deserves all the credit.

mark hoppus and deryck whibley have good vocal skills both live and on album
Mark Hoppus, Billie Joe, Mike Ness(Not pop-punk to some but I like his vocals), Tom Delonge(Before Untitled except for AGAP and Not Now), Mike Hererra
Quote by BassPlayer116
his vocals were pretty good back then and its true that he cant sing for sh*t live but if you listen to the latest(and final) stuff he did with blink like the vocals on not now and the back ups on another girl,another plannet he really has gotten his sh*t together.those are some of the best vocals he's ever done and he does have some good stuff with ava, but i guess its again the voice tuner that deserves all the credit.

Yeah, I also like his vocals on TOYPAJ and EOTS, and I also like Not Now and AGAP, but I prefer his old days. In his old days he could also sing live, but I think with the new stuff he sounds totally different live and on CD. He can't live up to the voicetuner live!

Quote by pinheadslts75

Quote by ToolBass_dude
Does Stevo from Sum41 count? i was listening to does this look infected earlier today, and i LOVED his vocals on thanks for nothing/reign in pain/WWIII

Yes, definitely counts.

One of the things i love about Sum 41 is that they are all great singers, and in songs like fat lip and thanks for nothing it works wonders.

Mark Hoppus has a great voice too.
Yeah, Stevo counts, off course.

Quote by pinheadslts75

Quote by JinKweon

not really dude. In AvA his more like "singing", blink: "speed-singing". So stfu.
Quote by Yakult
Why are you talking to yourself? Stay off the drugs
says you with an mxpx logo? Patrick Stump has an awesome voice, that can't be denied, and Andrew Mcmahon for me
Patrick sucks it hard during live performances though.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
Quote by JinKweon

lol, yeah theres not much different, actually if i had to choose, it would be AVA, a little more polished, not so harsh
Claudio Sanchez - Coheed & Cambria
Chris Conley - Saves The Day
Tom DeLonge - Angels And Airwaves
Mark Hoppus - Blink-182
Deryck Whebley - Sum 41
Tim Mcilrath from Rise Against
Jason Cruz from Strung Out
Vinnie from The Movielife
Cris conley from Saves The Day,
Matt and Dan from Alkaline Trio
Thomas Barnett from Strike Anywhere
Greg Antonio from The Bouncing Souls
James Dewees and Matthew Pryor from the Get up Kids(HELL YEAH......RIP)
i was modest about it before... but i am the ****ing man
Patrick (fob) has a nice voice in the records, but not when theyre playing live uhh lol and chris from saves the day is also good.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Quote by bTOMd
all pop punk singing sucks theres not a best

MxPx?

Btw, if pop-punk sucks so much, why do you go to this forum?!
Quote by Yakult
Why are you talking to yourself? Stay off the drugs
Quote by BassPlayer116
i went to see the offspring like 3 years ago and dexter cant sing for sh*t and everybody i know that went to see them said the same,they use a voice tuner or something like that to make him sound good on the album.

I've seen tons of live bootlegs, and his voice is great on most of them. You saw them on the Splinter tour, his voice was messed up around then.
Yeah, in the Splinter sessions (even on the CD) he sounds ****ty.. I hope he won't sound ****ty on the new album..

BTW, the new Offspring album is out this year, right?

Quote by pinheadslts75

^^i think so, well that's what i heard anyway...

what's davey havok's live vocal like?
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Gerard Way - My Chemical Romance
<3
gimme a Microphone,
gimme background music,
gimme some Lyrics
I'll sing you a song
ROGER MANGANELLI (less than jake) has my favourite ever pop-punk voice
Mark Hoppus is a close second though

Other cool vocalists:

Steve-o (Sum41)
Jordan Pundik
Jesse Lacey
Patrick Stump
Billie Joe in small doses
Rivers Cuomo

Edit: Scott Klopfenstein and Aaron Barret from Reel Big Fish (if they count as pop-punk...?)
Last edited by fake_sk8r182 at May 31, 2006,
Milo Aukerman (The Descendents)
Ben Weasel (Screeching Weasel)
Joe Queer (the Queers)
Joey and Dee Dee Ramone (need I say?)
Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)

Lots more I'm forgetting, but those are my real favorites.
The RipOuts snotty punk rock

Got my leather jacket on and my mind is gone

Baby drop that needle, we can dance all night.
patrick stump and gerard way are the kind of vocalists that sound deent on record but live can't pull it off..

the best vocals i'd say are anthony green's in circa survive. yes i know "the anthony green" bandwagon. but it's just so damned good, live is heaven.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Jesse Lacey, Matt Skiba, Patrick Stump and Gerard (live), Anthony Green (that other guy says he counts so eh...).
EDIT: OH. William from TAI.
Page 1 of 5