ive had these bad wrist pains that just started and hurt like hell when i play somethin like an F chord

when im not playin, it hurts to move my wrist on its joint to its normal limit

does anyone remember having this or what to do about it?? (or if its F***in normal to have it)
Quote by Mike1109
Someone just discovered Master of Puppets..

haha no ive been playing for like 3 years so it was on the top of my list of songs to learn when i first started
Quote by uroffurmeds
haha no ive been playing for like 3 years so it was on the top of my list of songs to learn when i first started

Maybe you should look at something like tendonitis, that hurts like hell (I had it when I played ball). If its that some anti-inflammatories will help!
make sure your not pressing your thumb into the neck to hard, overall holding it to firmly. For that matter make sure your hand is in the propper position overall. If you are experiencing this from "slaying" maby you are hanging your guitar to low. I do not agree at all that this is normal, if done properly nothing should hurt your wrist well playing guitar.
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
well In my opinion pain, if it doesnt go away soon, is not good at all. This could possibly mean your really ****ing your wrists up. Some people say pain is good and sometimes it is but no one can see how your playing so no on here could really tell you. Rasing your guitar up to your chest should help
Hey
Quote by Travis Tricky
Maybe you should look at something like tendonitis, that hurts like hell (I had it when I played ball). If its that some anti-inflammatories will help!

^^Ya what he said. But in lamens terms for an anti-inflammatory that just pretty much means something like ibeuprofin or naproxin. But if the pain continues then I would definately go to the doc. It could be carple tunnel. You can get it from repettative motion.......Like beating off too much. That causes something called jerkinitis.
uh if your hands hurt from playing, definitely change the way you play or take a break. it's not normal
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
It could just be something non-guitar related. I just tried it, and it felt more awkward playing that particular chord when the guitar was resting on my right leg (Being a right handed player). Maybe you should try switching the leg you rest your guitar on for a while.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Either way id stop playing guitar until it gets better. Damaged tendons take months to heal, goto the doc and get it checked out to be sure. If it is your tendons that are flaming up you have to stop playing. I got tendonitis (from playing guitar) way back in my noob days and i was told to stop playing guitar for a month!! Pain was so bad i couldnt hold a pint!
Change your hand position somehow to take the strain off of your wrist. Discomfort from the barred F chord is a most common complaint, but constant wrist pain is no good. I had a problem from the way I was using my index finger to barre chords (especially the F at the first fret, which takes the most effort because there is less play in the strings that close to the nut). The base joint of my index finger got so sore I had to stop playing for a while, and then I changed how I was laying down my index finger to keep the pain from coming back. It was a little extra thing to think of to start, but eventually the new way became second nature. Maybe you need to figure something like that out.
you slay your axe? uh........? >>death-metal-head<<

dont grip so tight. massage your hand if you must.