Is it worth it? Suggestions of brands/type of pickups?
Thanks
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

Last edited by Angus77 at May 29, 2006,
i got a squire standard a couple years ago and i love it..its a great guitar...but im planning on changing the pickups sometime soon too...probably just gonna put in a set of fender noisless tho. i also have a jagstang im gonna change the pickups on too
which squier is it?

and what type of music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
just save up for a new guitar, changing pups isn't worth it on a squier
Quote by jj1565
which squier is it?

and what type of music do u play?

Squire 20th anniversary Stratocaster

I play rock/blues/metal/jazz, mostly.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

If its one youre likely to keep, get the DG-20 David Gilmour set of EMG's

Pricey, but the best pickups on earth!
you should wait until you have enought money to buy a godin (like the freeway classic, floyd or emg)...it sounds like a 1200$ guitar for about 450 $
Quote by Angus77
Squire 20th anniversary Stratocaster

I play rock/blues/metal/jazz, mostly.

well, pretty sure thats an affinity strat. and that is made of alder.
~should be routed for humbucker in the bridge.

ur going to want a single with good cleans in the neck. check out lace sensor.
and a hot middle, texas specials, or virtual vintage heavy blues from dimarzio.
and a humbucker in the bridge, so u can play metal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by julvegetal
you should wait until you have enought money to buy a godin (like the freeway classic, floyd or emg)...it sounds like a 1200$ guitar for about 450 $

godin guitars are junk..my buddy has one and its garbage...there all they have at one of my local music stores and wow...junk...
why do you say it's garbage, can't you explain a little more... mine is really great souding and has an awsome look
oOO man, my buddy just got these pickups put into his squier and it sounds soo good. He plays wat u play, rock, jazz, blues, what he told the guy at guitar center was eric clapton sound, and he got em these noisless blues type pickups, if u want ill find out exactly wat they are called, but they sounded great.
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
i say there garbage cuz of the look and sound. i just really dont like the sound of his..idont remember what the model is or id tell you but it was a H-S-H and it just soudned horrible...hmmm...maybe it was the amp tho..he has a cube 30 and i hate those things too lol. just cant get a good sound out of it. the look of the thing was terrible. it was like a fat les paul and had some cheesy poserish red colour. meh..just my personal opinion...i have a jagstang and a standard squier (which isnt that bad!) through a vox ad30vt to compare it to tho
Something like a tex mex, or lace sensor golds should work for you.

Btw what kind of Godin does your buddy have? I've come across some really nice ones mind you.