Page 1 of 2
Any of you see this? If so, what did you think?

Preview

It was pretty good as a whole. Not as deep as I'd like it to have been, but as a general overview, it was pretty good, and they got some of the big names in there. But there were a few bad points...namely Slipknot, Rob Zombie, and the fact that <rant>he didn't mention Venom ONCE!!!</rant>
Last edited by <>< at May 29, 2006,
im quite sure there is a thread for this movie....so try postin there
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
^ Both the threads are in the pit, so it is quite appropriate to discuss here.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by uterus
Venom is gay anyway.
Silence, n00b. Be that as it may or may not, they were a large part of metal's evolution.
Well, it was the 'headbangers' journey, not so much the Metal Journey, eh?

Who am I kidding, I haven't seen it.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
I actually really, really liked it.

Anyone going in expecting the perspective of a UG metalhead isn't too bright. Our metal perspective is far different from many people's.
Quote by Inimical
Anyone going in expecting the perspective of a UG metalhead isn't too bright. Our metal perspective is far different from many people's.
Fair enough. But since our metal perspective is the RIGHT one...

That's because it was the ONLY metal documentary that was mass-produced...lol.

*edit: What the heck; edit your post while I'm posting, why don't you!
^I hadn't noticed the on the bottom of yours so I didn't think you were joking
i remember someone making a thread about this awhile ago in this forum with a free preview. i think it's the same movie your talking about. i havent seen it but it looks neat.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by Inimical
I actually really, really liked it.

I've been involved ina few other major websites metal forums and they're all virtually identical. I should do some sort of psychological analysis on the subject.

Anyway, yeah, "tr00" metalheads generally all have the same concept of metal. Unfortunately there will never be a well-produced movie on the subject. In fact I would like to see ANY decent documentary on the subject. This seems like it might be worth viewing, but if it's anything like VH1's "History of metal" then it probably sucks.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I've been to the odd site that isn't so anal about metalcore (there was definitely some metalcore presence).

A lot of them seem to be the same, but this guy is definitely a tr00 metalhead who doesn't care about the metalcore/nu metal scene.

I personally see it all as a form of metal but I don't like it, so I certainly do agree with most of the stuff he said in the documentary. Really disappointed with the lack of Dream Theater coverage, though.
Agreed. A complete absence of Dream Theater, Opeth, Necrophagist...what's that about!?
I posted a thread about this in this forum. I think it had the exact same name too. OMG SEARCH N00b!

But seriously, I thought it was alright. Not as bad as i thought it would be, but not as good as i hoped.
It wouldn't have bugged me so much if he hadn't put so much emphasis on the black metal bands. I mean... we're looking at one of the biggest metal bands to come out of the US/Canada and he just kind of ignored them. You see their name once during those really cool metal "family tree" shots.

How did you like the interviews? The one with Ghaal was so hilarious.

*in what looks like a dungeon*
Dunn: What's the driving force behind your music?
[Ghaal takes a sip of wine]
Ghaal: [long pause] .... Satan....
[takes another sip of wine]

Even my brother, who has zero knowledge of metal and doesn't even listen to it thought it was really funny.
Guy #1: "Who's been telling you that? F*ck them!! F*ck you! Eh? Eh? F*ck them!"

Guy #2: Stares at his beer

(Sorry, I can't remember which band it was in that specific interview...)
^Gayhem ermm... Mayhem

I think the guy yelling was Necrobutcher.

"Gene Simmons will tell you he invented that, but Gene will also tell you he invented pants."

Dio trashed him every time he got on camera!! haha
Quote by somepunkkid
Thats good news for you then

So immature...and yet so perfect.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Inimical
^Gayhem ermm... Mayhem

I think the guy yelling was Necrobutcher.

"Gene Simmons will tell you he invented that, but Gene will also tell you he invented pants."

Dio trashed him every time he got on camera!! haha

Dio is the funniest guy evar.
Dio is the man. The movies was pretty meh. Almost no mention of death or thrash.
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Picked this up the other day at Best Buy. I thought it was well done. Of course they can't hope to cover all metal has to offer and all the bands in the length of one single film. Of course they're going to leave out some bands and stuff here and there, but it was very well done, even people not into metal can appreciate it.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Haha , this reminds me: I flicked through 'Kerrang - A Tribute to Metal' Or 'A Metal History' can't remember the name.

It had 4 metal bands - Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest and Sabbath

The rest of it was full of crap like My Chemical Romance - since when have they been metal?

I couldn't believe the filth in that magazine
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
i want to see it, but haven't got around to it.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by Inimical

Thats true... Some catagorize Iggy Pop and Static-X as Death Metal... Christ.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
It was REALLY good in my opinion.

Lots of the bands you guys are mentioning were atleast brought up on the chart he did. So in a 90 minute movie whatta ya expect?
I don't know why they never include extreme metal, and always focus on the 80's hair metal trash and early heavy metal. The extreme metal scene is far more significant for metal than the rest...it is what metal is today. Would it really be that hard for a documentary to focus on real metal?

The only mention of extreme metal is always the "shocking" aspects of black metal, with the crimes and such. Metal isn't about that shit, nor is it about big hair and tranny costumes. I'm still waiting for the day when a real metal documentary is made.
this thread reminds me of the show, "HEAVY: The story of metal", which was aired in Vh1.
i saw it, i thought it was interesting. there are four episodes but seriously, all they talk about is hair metal. they didn't mention any of the extreme genres of metal

did anyone see it?
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by AzureNight
I don't know why they never include extreme metal, and always focus on the 80's hair metal trash and early heavy metal.

They never touch thrash beyond Metallica or maybe Slayer. this movie did one better and mentioned Sepultura and Venom, but thrash only got about 5 minutes, as did Death metal. Totally lame, those are huge genres.
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
There actually was a good documentary on German television about Nuclear Blast, and they did include lots of extreme metal and kept it true, mostly. It was on a culture-focused channel, actually...
That movie will probably not air in Germany anyways, at least not in the next half year or so...
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Quote by reed
They never touch thrash beyond Metallica or maybe Slayer. this movie did one better and mentioned Sepultura and Venom, but thrash only got about 5 minutes, as did Death metal. Totally lame, those are huge genres.

y don't j00 make 1????

Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Page 1 of 2