Hi there,

I'm in a bit of a rut here. I'm just a casual player, don't play in a band and just pretty much play for my own pleasure. I've started to write songs (good to practice) and I've always played scales, learned licks and sung songs.

What I want to do is find a purpose to play and practice and make a decent practice routine. What do others do? Anyone here in my position? I don't have hours on end to practice, I'd like to devote at most an hour a day (probably more like 30 or 45 minutes) to practicing. What should I work on? Should I break it up with scales/warm-ups, then maybe singing/playing old songs that I know and maybe learning a new one? I'm just looking for some ideas from others in my position.

Make sense?? lol, hope so. I just seem to be questioning why I play, but I enjoy to play.
-Red 1990 Fender Strat with maple neck
-Cream colored Strat. GFS Premium II pickups.
-Line6 spider 210 and Fender Pinceton Chorus amps
-Zoom G2
i dont really have a schedule, never had.. just played a year but im just always practicing songs i need to practise on,play some old songs i know well, and then maybe learn a new one.. i probably should be practising scales but its so boring..