Hi, I have a fender 56 reissue strat that buzzes horribly along the d g and b strings along the neck from the 8th fret down to the 17th fret. Any idea on how to fix this? The guitar was setup by a luthier with 11's and then I dropped down to 10's. The saddles are lifted to the top with not much room for adjusting.
is the bridge level? or a little sunk in.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
tighten the screws, everywhere, because it could just be loose electronics rattling
and if that still doesnt work, stick a piece of sponge or napkin somewhere to prevent it from buzzing
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
hmm, no u dont want to do that. ^

if a pro set u up for 11s. then he tightened the screws in the trem cavity in the back, and maybe added a spring or two.
Because the 11's are thick, and were going to pull hard on the bridge.
at the same time they were pulling at the headstock and bending the neck. (banana shaped.)

this is all normal push and pull.

but when u dropped back down to 10s, u released that pull at the bridge and the neck straightened out a bit.

that caused the strings to be slightly closer to the bored and u got fret buzz.

i suggest u look at the bridge, and if its completely flush against the body, release a little tension by loosening the 2 trem screws just a bit.
count how many springs are in there, and if u want we can measure ur neck angle.

either that or return to 11's.

example of 2 trem screws and 5 springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011