okay so its just the nut singular on a guitar but i couldn't resist.

anyway. my epi les paul is 2.5 years old and i am experiencing some buzz on the open low E.

i adjusted the truss rod but that didnt work...neither action problems.

i looked at the nut and the groove seems a little more worn on my low E than the other strings so might that be the problem?
OK is this kinnda a rattleing sound?
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
i asked for this jokey stuff i know but yeh its sort of a rattling sound like when i do a hammer on or slide from the open string there is a definite rattle.

and when i play the note softly its not too bad but if i play it above average vigour or more it rattles
Mine does that to see it could possibly be the kind of guitar you got because i have a ibanez g10 and i played and ibanez grg down @ my local music store and it didnt do that.
Kurt Cobain
an ibanez GRG*
Kurt Cobain
Quote by adhuv
i asked for this jokey stuff i know but yeh its sort of a rattling sound like when i do a hammer on or slide from the open string there is a definite rattle.

and when i play the note softly its not too bad but if i play it above average vigour or more it rattles

Well of course your nuts will rattle if you put a hammer on them!
AHHAHAHAHAHAHHA HE HAS A PROBLEM WITH HIS NUTS...AHHAHAHA...get it?

(looks around.drops head) ok.

On a more serious note, I have no idea what your problem is nor am I thinking to figure it out but I just couldn't resist.
Originally Posted by Teleprompters
people taking dumps in my guitar case
Quote by adhuv
okay so its just the nut singular on a guitar but i couldn't resist.

anyway. my epi les paul is 2.5 years old and i am experiencing some buzz on the open low E.

i adjusted the truss rod but that didnt work...neither action problems.

i looked at the nut and the groove seems a little more worn on my low E than the other strings so might that be the problem?

-yeah u can go to thicker gauge strings. they might not rattle in the cut.
-u can buy nut sauce or use a graphite pencil to lube the cut of the nut.
-u can lift the cut up a bit with a bit of paper wedged under the string in the cut.
-u can add a dab of white glue in the cut, sprinkled with baking soda, that will also raise the cut, u can then file it smooth with a toothpick tip wrapped wt sandpaper.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011