I have this wierd misunderstanding in my head and I was wondering if you could clear it up for me.

Firstly, on my pedal, (Zoom GFX-707) you can alter the volume at the end of the distortion, end of the EQ end of the modulations and at the end of the reverb effects.... I don't understand why you would put your volumes less than full on all of these and control it by the pedals overall volume knob. Also, should I have my pedal volume turned up full or will this overload the signal onto the amp?

Secondly, I have a line6 spider ii 210 (no flaming please) which is a modelling amp. I hear that effects pedals (speically multi effect pedals) aren't good with modelling amps? To what extent is this true?

Thirdly, when using my pedal I have my EQ on my amp set to Treb 5 Mid 5 and Bass 5. I do this so it allows my pedal to do the EQing... is that a good idea?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Well the volume turned down with distortion is how some bands play like a soft distorted part.
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
Quote by matth05
I have this wierd misunderstanding in my head and I was wondering if you could clear it up for me.

Firstly, on my pedal, (Zoom GFX-707) you can alter the volume at the end of the distortion, end of the EQ end of the modulations and at the end of the reverb effects.... I don't understand why you would put your volumes less than full on all of these and control it by the pedals overall volume knob. Also, should I have my pedal volume turned up full or will this overload the signal onto the amp?

Secondly, I have a line6 spider ii 210 (no flaming please) which is a modelling amp. I hear that effects pedals (speically multi effect pedals) aren't good with modelling amps? To what extent is this true?

Thirdly, when using my pedal I have my EQ on my amp set to Treb 5 Mid 5 and Bass 5. I do this so it allows my pedal to do the EQing... is that a good idea?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Individual volumes allows you to control the mix of how much of each effect you get.
And the pedal volume can go up all the way, shouldn't hurt the amp...but in the case of a Line 6, it won't make it sound nicer.
And yeah, modelling amps work terribly with effects pedals. At least in my experience. The modelling amp tends to take out all the nuances and then apply the effects. Same thing for multi effects boxes, they're huge tone suckers. I suggest selling them both
And yeah, the EQ thing sounds fine.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.