I know it seems a bit silly asking, because obviously his tone would have been coming from tons of equipment.

but does anyone know how dimebag got his tone?

i always assumed it was something to do with the gain boost he has on his custom dean... but there must be more to it than that...

also does anyone know any pedals that immitate/get such a brutal distortion as dimebag does.

i saw theres a dimebag distortion pedal, havent tried it though. i had bought a metal zone a coupla months ago as i was told it gives off a good distortion... pile of crap to be honest but there ya go lol.

so...anyone?
um well he used krank amps with damageplan and they just released a distortion pedal, could b worth a look
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
one thing to remember is that is rig was solid state. kind of crazy, but that's the way it is. idk, but it might be harder to achieve his tone if you have a tube rig (I'm not saying you can't, or that you will be able to with the average SS either)
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Over the years:
Randall RG100H Solid State (recording Cowboys From Hell AND Trendkill)
MXR Six Band Equalizer Pedal (the blue one he calls it)
Furman PQ4 Parametric EQ (swapped for a PQ3 Around trendkill)
MXR Rack Mounted Flanger/Doubler (thickens **** up but mixed low)
Randall Century C200 (Vulger Display of Power, Far Beyond Driven, Re-inventing The Steel)
Dime Randall Warhead (SOME layers in Re-inventing the Steel)
Randall 412JB Straight 4x12 n 2 x 15 Cabinets Loaded with 80 watt jaguars for dirt.
Randall 412JB Straight 4x12 loaded with 70 watt Celestion For Clean
Rocktron Guitar Silencer (guitar tech rides this thing CONSTANTLY, opens it for his squeals and solos and where ever needed, then closes it tightly for riffs like 5 minutes alone and domination)
a Beaten-To-Shi.t NS-2 Noise gate for Trendkill
VOX wah V847
Dunlop Crybaby
Dunlop 535q
Rack mounted DCR-1SR (this is a wah pedal that you can run multiple pedals from and place them around the stage so you don't ALWAYS have to wah in the same spot.)
2 Digitech Whammy Re-issue's (his guitar tech operates one if dime wants to dance around rather than operate his pedal)
FUC.KING HOSTILE SOLO EFFECT:
2 wahs, ROSS Flanger, Mosrite Fuzz Box, Boss Phaser and BOSS OD1

You need to keep in mind that rather than distortion pedals, DIME boosted the FUC.K out of his eq's to get his signature chainsaw tones out of individual frequencies. Not to mention how sensitive his pickups were, but i'm not too sure what they were over the years, but theres them dime buckers n stuff.
This thing miught be cool, but i'm yet to see it anywhere i can try it... me living in australia... http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=258&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail
Last edited by santhony1987 at May 29, 2006,