Page 1 of 2
Ok, I am getting a new guitar this summer, but I am not sure what to get, of course I am going to try out as many as I can until I find the one I LOVE, but I still wants your suggestions. Here is what I desire on my guitar... I play metal, old metallica, old megadeth, iron maiden, system of a down etc.

-Very lightweight
-REALLY REALLY REALLY heavy distortion but good cleans when I need it
-Not a funky shape like a V or something hard to hold like that
-Thin neck
-Close, good action
-A Floyd Rose

I have a peavey studio pro 110 and a korg toneworks effects box that gives me some pretty good tones. But I am working on getting a Roland Cube 60. I don't know if me telling u my amps will help a lot but I dunno.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Last edited by Pants99 at May 29, 2006,
Quote by Roc8995
Sounds to me like an Ibanez with a pickup change.

I want to get I guitar that I have to make no changes to.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Quote by Ignite
I think your looking at Ibanez, maybe Jackson, and maybe ESP.

I know the brands I just need to know which guitar.
jackson RR5?
EDIT: nevermind..no Vs
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Any higher model Jackson or ESP should do, Ibanez would definatly need a pickup change which your against. Most esps come with EMG actives, and the higher up ones have Floyds (I believe) and a good metal sound.
ESP LTD ec-1000 deluxe, its litle on the heavy side though
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Ok almost all of you have said something that does not include ALL the specs I want. All I am looking for is a guitar with those specs.
you get a higher end ibanez (s- or rg- prestige) they come with at least halfway decnt pups that should be fine, though you may want to change them later on for nice ones.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
I dont think you want a floyd rose. The things you can do with them are great, but theyre hell to tune. And you have to have a luthier change the strings. Unless you have all that i recomend not buying one.
^I dont care lol
Quote by loganc
And you have to have a luthier change the strings.

WTF?
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by PapaDelicious
WTF?

Thats why I said I dont care, I know I dont have to do that crap, I already have a floyd rose on my other guitar.
If you are gonna go for an ESP, dont get an LTD. Not that they are bad guitars but the real ESP's are better.

Check out these guitars

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2803070885

http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Studios/Studio/#

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_standard.html

Also with pretty much any guitar you get, you are going to need a pickup change to get a true metal sound. (EMGs hint hint)
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
to the threadstarter:

be a little more flexible! with those specs you may find it hard to get an exact match off the shelf. be prepared to maybe change the pups or compromise. im not sayin there isnt a guitar out there, but its worth making a slight comprimise for a possible better guitar.

A gibson SG with slim taper neck would be great, does clean and heavy, is light, but has not trem. there are bigsby versions, but are hard to keep in tune.

o and to the guy who sed you need a luthier to changed the strings on a FR, are you serious? its harder than a stop tail yes, but its not that hard....
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
Thanks a lot! If anyone else has any other suggestions please post them.
I'd say take the Jackson DKMG, now that is a true metal machine [without the BKP's ].
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by Pants99
Thats why I said I dont care, I know I dont have to do that crap, I already have a floyd rose on my other guitar.
oh, well my bad. My guitar teacher and dude at guitar center both said that, but i guess theyre wrong.
Get a Jackson DK1
PICCY

Colors
Solid / Metallic Finish Group:
(803) Black (BLK)
(839) Ferrari Red (FR)
(844) Gun Metal Grey (GMG)
(854) Metallic Black (MBK)
(876) Snow White (SW)
Candy / Pearl Finish Group:
(822) Cobalt Blue (CBL)
(831) Deep Candy Red (DCR)
Transparent Finish Group:
(815) Burnt Cherry Sunburst (BCB)
(858) Natural (NAT)
(885) Transparent Black (TBK)
(886) Transparent Blue (TB)
(887) Transparent Green (TG)
(890) Transparent Red (TR)
Graphic Finish Group:
(806) Black Ghost Flames (BKGF)
(813) Blue Ghost Flames (BGF)
(833) Eerie Dess Swirl (EDS)
(835) Bolted Steel (BOLTS)
(842) Graveyard (GRV)
(851) Lightning Sky (LTG)
(859) Nebula (NEB)
(861) Pile O' Skulls (SKL)
(870) Shattered Glass (SGL)
(875) Snakeskin (SNK)
(896) Yellow Bengal (BGLY)
Body Alder with Flame Maple Top on Transparent Colors
Neck Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple
Neck Dimensions 3rd Fret: .750?, 12th Fret: .810?
Tuning Machines Die-Cast Tuners
Fingerboard Ebony
No. of Frets 24 Jumbo Frets
Bridge Pickup EMG® 81
Neck Pickup EMG® 85
Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
Bridge Floyd Rose® Original? Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle
Hardware Black (Chrome on Transparent Colors)
Strings NPS, XL, (.009 to .042)
Pickguard None
Scale Length 25.5?
Width at Nut 1-11/16?
Unique Features Compound (12? to 16?) Fingerboard Radius,
Mother of Pearl Shark Fin Position Inlays,
Bound Fingerboard and Headstock,
Inlaid Mother of Pearl Jackson Logo,
CTS® Pots and Switchcraft® Switches

I have a JS30RR.... Obviously it's not a dinky but it's really nice to play on, the neck is really thin so it's extremely easy to move around quickly.... And plus mines one of the cheapest you can get so I can't really tell youw aht youre getting for the price.
Last edited by Untitled001 at May 30, 2006,
esp's are the best guitars in the universe period, especially for what your looking for
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
Quote by Jarrott
I'd say take the Jackson DKMG, now that is a true metal machine [without the BKP's ].

Whats a BKP?
PRS Tremonti!!!
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Jarrott

WTF?

BKP arent the only company that make a moderately heavy pickup.

Also- You don't have to have a luthier to change the strings on a FR Equipped guitar. WTF? You were told wrong, apparantly. I change mine every three weeks and by no means would I call myself a guitar technician or a luthier (soon to be, though)

Jackson DK-1 or SL-1

ESP M-II/LTD M/MH/ETC 400 or 1000 series.
first thing that came to my mind: Ibanez RG1570
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Damien-FR? I dont know to much about its clean
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
I say go with the great Ibanez fall back guitar. A nice old RG570, you probably won't find one in a store but oh is the search totally worth it.
Ok, how do the rest of you guys feel about an Ibanez RG1570, I don't like the color too much but I haven't used it or heard it before so I'm not one to speak.
Quote by Pants99
Ok, how do the rest of you guys feel about an Ibanez RG1570, I don't like the color too much but I haven't used it or heard it before so I'm not one to speak.

That is an AWSOME orgasmic guitar. many people change out the pickups though. I don't think that's totally necassary, but it's very light, and the neck is just great. I haven't met a person that didn't like that guitar.
Ok, how about an ESP LTD MH-400, I don't like the Standard ESPs that much. Or how is the M-400?
Anything in the esp ltd 400 series or above and you'll be fine. Also check out jackson.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Quote by IPLAYBASS
Anything in the esp ltd 400 series or above and you'll be fine. Also check out jackson.

I checked out Jackson, my choices are DMG and DK2, the SL1 is too expensive but I like it.
How are schecters?
i like schecter guitars, but im really a sucker for the thin necks of jacksons and ibanez's...mind you i havent played a ton of schecters, but i didnt really like the feel of the necks for some reason? could just be me who knows
Page 1 of 2