for me this is easier but.., when you tap your finger on the string dont just pull it straight back off, kinda pull it off and down/up that way the sound keeps going to the next note and doesnt stop

there are a few columns and lessons about tapping, just search for them
It doesn't sound too good without an amp. That is if its on acoustc of course.
Its one of thoes things, once you learnt how to tap with the left hand thats pretty much it learnt.
^ It's debatable.

Same as anything else man, practice, practice, practice. Try something like this as an excercise.

|--------------------------|---------------------------|-----------------------------|
|--T8-p4p1h4---T8--p4p1h4--|--T9--p5p2h5---T9--p5p2h5--|--T10--p6p3h6---T10--p6p3h6--|
|--------------------------|---------------------------|-----------------------------|
Using your right hand, tap the first note, hitting the string like you would if you were hammering-on; now, with a flick of your finger, pull off that same not you just hit. Your left hand should be in postition all this time, ready for the notes to come. Do the simple pull-off, pull-off, hammer-on technique now with your left hand, and you've got yourself a tapping 'riff'.

Keep your hands in the same position as I had in the practice 'riff', and keep moving up on the fretboard. Hope you see what I mean.

Start at any pace, as long as your comfortable with the pace you chose; gradually build up speed.

I know that was a terrible excercise, and the explanation was hard to understand, but it's the best I can do at the moment.

-Mike-
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by Preid
I was intoxicated...
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
Quote by kpasa01
It doesn't sound too good without an amp. That is if its on acoustc of course.

Just gotta mute better, I always tap on an acoustic, if the action isn't terribly high. If you can play Satch's Midnight on an acoustic just the right way, and in your own style, it can sound even better.
Quote by Mattalac
Just gotta mute better, I always tap on an acoustic, if the action isn't terribly high. If you can play Satch's Midnight on an acoustic just the right way, and in your own style, it can sound even better.
But for a begginer's sake, we'll agree on the fact that tapping on an acoustic is much more difficult than on an electric guitar.

EDIT - *Noticed a typo three hours after the original post...
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
Last edited by Pan-Tallica at Jun 2, 2006,