i went into gutar center today looking to buy a vox valvetronix 50w but i ended up buying a hot rod. it sounds fantastic (and f***ing loud!) but was it worth it the extra almost $200? could the vox have compared to a real tube amp?
Hhaha, their Memorial Day extravaganza??
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
im really sorry to say this but, guitar center's merchendice is NOT the same quality as other company's. This is because guitar center basically says this: "We'll sell your product at our stores for less, but you have to put lower quality components in them so they'll cost less."
So when Fender comes out with a new guitar, they realease two models, one that they exclusivally sell to guitar center and one that every one else sells, thats why they're stuff is so much cheaper
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
That's a great amp, I've had mine for a year now and it's been perfect. Nothing wrong with it, and it really doesn't need pedals to help it out. (they don't hurt though lol)
To: themusicman....

What the hell are you talking about? GC's stuff is usually the same as musiciansfriend, etc...Someoneprobably told that story in the old days, when they would speak to entertain, and not inform....
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
Quote by ICanPlayWell
Hhaha, their Memorial Day extravaganza??

yes haha they had the sale thing. it wasnt much off i got it for like 580 with tax? anyway no one really answered my question but so far i REALLY like it. did i mention it was loud? like i cant put in on 3 without it rocking the whole house!
Dave chappeles., block party? maing im ahving leik so amny block partys this summer,s bring out my 15 inch woofers, crank that gangsta ****, niiiiice....
Quote by ICanPlayWell
To: themusicman....

What the hell are you talking about? GC's stuff is usually the same as musiciansfriend, etc...Someoneprobably told that story in the old days, when they would speak to entertain, and not inform....

They're the same company, but I still don't believe that conspiracy theory nonsense. Guitar Center sells Mesa/Boogie, too...does Boogie give them inferior products to sell?

But anyway...congrats on the amp. But comparing a Hot Rod Deluxe to a AD50VT or whatever is apples to oranges.
Hi, I'm Peter