I just wanted to know what some of you people think about indie rock music, especially in britain there has been an explosion of indie rock bands which seem to be making a massive success and i have no idea why. i like indie rock music but when there is too much of it, it can get annoying. now there seem to be a new indie rock band coming out every week and all of these bands seem to be sounding the same.

is there anyone else who seems to feel the same way or am i just being stupid?
the shins and frou frou are realy sweet. not sure if either are real indie but i think so.
i know how you feel
you flick onto MTV2 and all you get is
india after indie after indie...
what happened to metal? :'(
Quote by Johnljones7443
She looks like Rusty Cooley with tits.

finally......there is sum1 who thinks the same, but atleast this whole indie phase is better than the whole emo phase.
I like Indie.....

Alt/Indie forum please.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Quote by somethingfunni
I just wanted to know what some of you people think about indie rock music, especially in britain there has been an explosion of indie rock bands which seem to be making a massive success and i have no idea why. i like indie rock music but when there is too much of it, it can get annoying. now there seem to be a new indie rock band coming out every week and all of these bands seem to be sounding the same.

is there anyone else who seems to feel the same way or am i just being stupid?

Well, it's easier, cheaper and 'more scene' to get your band signed on an indie label. Gets you a lot of street cred, and rabidly loyal fans who'll stick with you throughout your career if you play your cards right. There's no fanbase more loyal than the fanbase of an indie band.
Besides that, it allows for more artistic control, which leads to better music, and besides that, a lot of it really is good.
Well, it's good to know a bit of history. I read somewhere that in pre-Strokes, Libertines and Franz Britain, 3/4 kids were buying record decks over guitars, back when boy bands, commercialized pop acts, and American rap were taking over from Britpop. If you ask me, indie was a great way to flush out all of that crap.